Pulled pork cheese fries are an easy way to re-purpose leftover smoked pork shoulder the next day.
Smokey, cheesy and I mean, who doesn’t love fries?!
I smoked about 10 pounds of pork butt this weekend, using my Texas Style Pulled Pork recipe. Its a simple rub but I love it. Definitely check out that post if you want a full run down on how to smoke pulled pork.
Especially to load up with your favorite sauce for these cheese fries.
And to add more flavor, I love tossing the pulled pork in a little barbecue sauce as well.
I mean, this is a must for any barbecue though, isn’t it?
This makes the perfect game day food, or just having a bunch of buddies over and having something a little different at your barbecue.
I mean, whats a better side for your brisket, than some pulled pork fries?
I’ve seen some pulled pork fries recipes dolloped with green onions, avocado, and sour cream.
I feel that takes away from the flavor of that amazing pulled pork that you’ve worked so hard to get that perfect bark on.
But by all means my friend, do you and make this recipe yours. I’m just here to give a little food inspiration!
Smoked Pulled Pork Cheese Fries
- 1 lb leftover smoked pulled pork
- 1 bag frozen french fries
- 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to the temperate stated on instructions of your bag of frozen french fries. Lay the fries out on a baking sheet and place in the oven for half the time stated on the instructions; about 10 minutes
- While the fries are baking, grate cheese, and toss pulled pork in about 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce.
- When fries are halfway cooked, pull out of the oven and top with cheese and pulled pork. Finish cooking; about another 10 minutes
- Top with additional barbecue sauce and any other of your favorite toppings and serve. Enjoy!
For in depth smoking meat tips and tricks I highly recommend checking out Franklins Meat Smoking Manifesto*