Grilled chimichurri cauliflower steaks are a great low carb option OR even a plant based option for a side or main!
I’m throwing together a quick chimichurri sauce, marinated cauliflower, then grilling and topping off with some more chimichurri.
When you’re on a low carb diet like, myself (I’m going another round of keto) those carbs can definitely be missed. ESPECIALLY when its in your DNA – I’m part pacific islander, Italian and French. I’m born to eat rice pasta and bread!
But when keto is the only thing that seems to work to course correct when my weight starts to get a little high, its a neccessary evil.
Cauliflower is a great alternative because it has so many uses. But sometimes keeping it simple is the best way to go.
And simply cutting your cauliflower into steaks, slathering it with a chimichurri sauce and grilling them is about as simple as it gets for a delicious side.
And I LOVE topping this with some flank steak seasoned with a little salt pepper and garlic.
Seriously, don’t sleep on flank steak – its tender, and has so much flavor. once it starts dripping with fat it really starts to get flavor. It’s an easy cook and I love it!
Even add a little colossal shrimp and make it a surf and turf night. The possibilities are endless!
Grilled Chimichurri Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 bunch Italian parsley
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 1 red jalapeno
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- In a food processor, blend parsley, cilantro, oregano, red jalapeno with olive oil and red wine vinegar, season with salt.
- Cut your cauliflower into 1 inch steaks. Don't work if the ends fall apart a little, just salvage the bigger parts.
- In a zip top bag, add cauliflower steaks with about half of the chimichurri. let sit for about 15-20 minutes. Preheat your grill to high heat.
- Grill cauliflower steaks over direct heat, about 5 minutes per side, until edges are charred. Plate with a little more chimichurri and serve!