This Garlic and Herb Grilled Shrimp recipe uses MASSIVE Shrimp. It’s got texture of lobster, loaded with garlic, Serrano peppers, and is amazing!
If you’ve seen my previous shrimp recipes, you know my favorite type of shrimp to cook with are those massive 8-12 size tiger shrimp.
Today, I’m going 4-6 count for this Spicy Garlic and Herb Grilled Shrimp recipe and it is out of this world good!
I’m using a chimichurri inspired marinade that has olive oil, lemon juice, serrano peppers, garlic and some cilantro to take us to flavor town today.
It’s a quick marinade and is perfect for a weeknight dish.
And to tie this recipe together, I put it on a bed of some quick cooking cous cous, and some grilled asparagus.
The asparagus and shrimp cook in the same amount of time, and the cous cous I’m using cooks in about 5 minutes.
This is a quick marinade, so I’m loading it with a lot of garlic – about 4-5 cloves. I really want the flavors to punch through these massive shrimp so you can really taste the flavor and heat.
And if you want to tone down the heat, try using a jalapeno. Or throw in a habanero if you want to feel the burn!
If you can get a hold of these shrimp from your local market I highly suggest doing so. It’s like lobster but maybe even better.
If you cant find some, I’ve found some on amazon here
Garlic and Herb Grilled Shrimp
- 1 lb colossal shrimp butterflied
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic about 4 or 5 cloves
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, hopped cilantro, juice from lemon and lime, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Add butterflied shrimp to a large bowl, then pour in about half of the marinade. Stir in, cover and let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Do the same with the remaining marinade.
- After 30 minutes, preheat your grill on high. Add shrimp to grill and cook for about 10 minutes, brushing on marinade and flipping every 2 minutes. Pull from the grill when it is opaque all the way through.
- Serve with your favorite sides – I plated with cous cous and grilled asparagus. Enjoy!