Spaghetti Squash is a light way to get your pasta fix in when you’ve decided to ghost carbs.
I’m going all out for this recipe and dressing up this spaghetti squash in pesto and topping with some grilled shrimp and asparagus to really make pasta jealous it’s missing out on this party!
It’s an easy dinner. Roast up your spaghetti squash in some butter. Then marinate your shripm in a little lemon oil, salt and pepper.
Toss asparagus in oil salt and pepper as well and grill it up.
I mean you can eat this as is and it’d make a great meal, but let’s get all these ingredients playing nicely together!
I tossed my spaghetti squash in a little pesto, fresh grated parmesan, and some freshly cut cherry tomatoes.
It really pulls this dish together and is an awesome end-of-summer dish!
Speaking of end of summer, what are some fall recipes or things you’d like to see heading into fall?
I’d love to hear from you.
But are you even reading this?
What are horseshoes? Are there horse socks? Is anyone even listening to me?
Pesto Spaghetti Squash with grilled shrimp and asparaguss
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tsp salt 1 tsp separated
- 1 lb shrimp
- 4 tbsp oli
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tsp pepper 1 tsp separated
- 1/2 lb asparagus
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- Just spaghetti squash in half length-wise. Scoop out seed with a spoon, and poke holes into the flesh with a fork. Season with salt and add 1 tbsp of butter into each half. Bake at 425 for about 40 minutes or until sides are fork tender.
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking, add oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a bag with shrimp and let sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to on high heat. Add shrimp and asparagus tossed in olive oil and salt and pepper. Grill for about 10 minutes
- When spaghetti squash is done, shred with a fork and place into a bowl. Add about 1 tbsp pesto, fresh Parmesan and stir.
- Chop shrimp and asparagus into bite sized pieces, place on top of spaghetti squash with some fresh sliced cherry tomatoes and serve!