If you’re looking to up your grill game, you need this grilled flank steak with avocado chimichurri recipe in your life.
It has bold flavors, simple to make and something you’ll want to make every Friday this summer to kick off the weekend!
Flank steak on its own is one of my favorite cuts of steak. Mission Avocados on their own is one of my favorite fruits. And I mean – chimichurri. What more do I need to say?
This recipe just put itself together.
But I mean the star of every recipe is always avocado to me, especially during the summer. They’re super versatile, and absolutely delicious.
One of my favorite snacks is just cutting open a Mission avocado and spooning out that delicious fatty goodness. It keeps me full longer so I can spend more time outdoors having fun with the fam!
To make the avocado chimichurri is simple. Take what you normally put in a chimichurri, blend in an avocado, and then add chunks of beautifully ripe avocado at the end.
Need some tips on how to pick a ripe Mission avocado? Check out this video
Make sure you make plenty of this avocado chimichurri. You’ll be slathering it all over your grilled flank steak, or spooning it in your mouth by itself.
And it’s going to make an amazing topping on your leftover flank steak and egg burrito!
This grilled flank steak covered in avocado chimichurri is just what we need for our Friday night family BBQ’s this summer.
I may eat the majority of it, but whatever left the family can get their hands on is sure to put a smile on their face!
Grilled Flank Steak with Avocado Chimichurri
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
FOR THE AVOCADO CHIMICHURRI
- 1 cup Italian parsley
- 1 cup cilantro
- ½ lime
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 Mission avocados.
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat grill to 400F. Season flank steak with salt and pepper and place in the fridge.
- In a food processor place Italian parsley, cilantro, red bell pepper, 1 avocado, olive oil, red wine vinegar, juice from half a lime, and pulse until smooth.
- Add chopped avocados from 2 avocados, and season with kosher salt and red pepper flake for some heat. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Grill flank steak about 5-7 minutes per side over direct heat until internal temperature reaches 135 for medium rare, 145 for medium. Let rest for 5 minutes
- Slice flank steak against the grain in ½ inch strips and spoon over avocado chimichurri. Serve with tortillas or rice or just eat it on its own. Enjoy!