1 hour 20 minutes
This grilled chicken caprese salad combines my two favorite summer dinners salads and grilled meat.
Why? Because it means I’m not in the kitchen!
I marinated a few chicken breasts in a simple balsamic vinaigrette which can be done overnight.
If you’re last minute like me, I like using FoodSaver marinade container. It takes about 1 hour for the marinade to set using this method.
This grilled chicken caprese salad has tons of flavor. Adding my three favorite ingredients: fresh mozzarella, basil and tomatoes. I literally can eat a whole block of fresh mozzarella when basil and tomatoes are involved!
You’ll want to keep a cup of the balsamic vinaigrette on hand when grilling your chicken as well. Baste while you’re grilling to really get those flavors to set into your grilled chicken.
Grilled Chicken Caprese Salad
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups balsamic vinaigrette separated
- 2 halves chicken breast
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 whole avocado sliced
- Add 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette in a bag with chicken. Let marinade in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- With a cup of balsamic vinaigrette on hand, grill chicken for about 5-7 minutes per side, basting until internal temperature is 165 F. Let rest on a cutting board.
- Put together salad with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, sliced avocado and basil. Slice chicken into thin slices and top on salad. Pour over balsamic vinaigrette and serve. Enjoy!