With all the grilling I’ve been doing, I’ve realized I’ve never really done a steak recipe. I’ve decided now is the time to finally share a recipe that incorporates grilled steak. Then smother it with cheese fries and stuff it into a toasted bun with rosemary garlic butter!
I’m going to tell you how sad I am about this recipe. I only made 4 rolls, and I should have made 40 because I already miss this in my life! I used a quick marinade using McCormick Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Single Use Marinade which is a quick 30 minute marinade coming in a single use pouch.
As much as I love my homemade marinades using McCormick Grill Mates Single Use Marinades on this recipe let me spend some more time on thinking of how I could make this sandwich really bring it for Memorial Day.
Even better, I don’t have worry about having leftover marinade that I’ll forget to put back in the fridge and find it out on the patio the next day and rage; something that happens way to much with me!
So why not cook up some fries while I’m waiting for my New York Strips to be done marinating? I threw some frozen shoestring fries in the oven and busted out a bag of shredded cheddar cheese just waiting to get going on this one!
Along with a little butter rosemary and garlic coming to the party, this sandwich is going to definitely be a crowd pleaser, and pretty much a whole meal right in a bun which is perfect for parties!
There’s so many awesome flavors going on here I don’t even know where to begin. You take a big crunchy bite and are immediately introduced to the rosemary and garlic, followed immediately by the sweet flavors from the McCormick Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon marinated New York strip.
And then you’re just happy because you have a mouthful of cheesy fries. I don’t know if you can tell, but I think I’m in love with these sandwiches.
On To The Recipe
Brown Sugar Bourbon Grilled Steak and Cheese Fry Sandwich
- 1 pac McCormick Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Single Use Marinade
- 2 lbs New York Strip
- 8 oz frozen shoestring fries
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4 rolls french rolls
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 clove garlic
- In a shallow pan, pour a pouch of McCormick Grill Mates Brown Sugar Bourbon Single Use Marinade over 2 New York Strips, basting the sauce over both sides of your steaks. Cover and set in the fridge for 30 minutes. While the meat is marinating go ahead and cook your fries in the oven.
- When the fries are done take them out and let cool. Cook your steaks for about 5-6 minutes on each side for medium/medium rare.
- When you flip the steaks to cook on the other side, now is the time to melt your butter along with some chopped rosemary and garlic. Set aside once melted.
- When the steaks are done, set aside and let rest for about 3 minutes. Then slice thinly.
- Place all the sliced steak into a bowl and mix it around so that you get that great brown sugar and bourbon flavor all around the steak!
- Take your rolls, and brush the rosemary garlic on to the rolls.
- Fill the rolls with steak, fries and cheese.
- Place back on the grill for about 5-10 minutes on the top rack until the cheese is all nice and melted.
- Cut in half and serve. Enjoy!