If you want to take a spin on grilled shrimp, you’ll want to try this spicy honey garlic shrimp bowl. It’s insanely easy to prep and the flavor is out of this world!
The honey and garlic marinade is really simple: Honey, Garlic, Lime and a little soy sauce and chili oil.
Its got a little sweet, a little heat and tons of flavor.
And be sure to split the marinade up so you have some on the dinner table, drizzle some over the shrimp bowl to pull everything together!
I grilled the shrimp along with corn then topped it over beans, rice and some cherry tomatoes.
But this is a free for all so add whatever your heart desires and make this your own!
Spicy Honey Garlic Shrimp Bowl
- 1 lb peeled deveined shrimp 31-40 count
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 limes
- 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 ears corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- In a rice cooker, add rice with appropriate amount of water according to package and cook. Place black beans in a pot and simmer over low heat.
- In a small bowl whisk together honey, lime juice, minced garlic, chili oil, and soy sauce. Split into two parts and store one half in the refrigerator. Pour remaining half over shrimp in a zip top back and shake so that its evenly coated.
FOR THE SHRIMP
- When grill is preheated add shrimp (you may need a grill basket to keep shrimp from falling through grates). Grill until opaque.
FOR THE CORN
- Set grill burners on high, and place corn on grill and about 5 minutes per side.
- Place an ear of corn, cut side down, on a cutting board, holding it near the top of the ear. Using a sharp knife, start at the top and cut downward with a gentle sawing motion, cutting corn off from the cob at about two-thirds the depth of the kernels. Place corn in a bowl and set aside
SHRIMP BOWL ASSEMBLY
- Add a cup of rice along with about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of black beans. Add corn and cherry tomatoes and top with shrimp and avocado. Drizzle with the remaining honey garlic sauce left in the fridge. Enjoy!