Making a heart-shaped raspberry galette is a sure-shot way to impress your other half this valentines day!
Galettes are extremely easy to make and a super delicious. Think of it as the lazy mans pie.
A galette takes little effort to put together. Using store bought pie crust, takes a lot of the effort out of prep.
I’m also using a little orange zest and a squeeze of orange to give this raspberry galette a little extra love.
Then double leftovers for lunch.. and dinner.. ok – just double batch it and make it a meal prep for the week!
To form this as a heart you’ll want to assort the raspberries in a loose heart shape, then fold over the pie crust.
Use your hands to help the shape along. It’s a lot easier that it seems just make sure that you pinch in the folds so that it holds it shape as it bakes.
Heart Shaped Raspberry Galette
- 1 ct pre-made pie crust
- 12 oz raspberries
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 orange
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar in the raw or any coarse ground sugar
- In a bowl combine raspberries, white sugar, cornstarch and orange zest.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, unroll pie crust. pile on raspberries in the center and assort them in a loose shape of a heart.
- Fold over pie crust and use your hands to help along the shape of the heart. Squeeze in juice from orange. In a cup whisk egg and water to make an egg wash. Brush on pie crust and sprinkle sugar in the raw.
- Place in the oven and bakefor about 30 minutes until crust is golden brown and raspberries have reduced. Enjoy!