I love blueberries. I love them fresh out of the refrigerator, and I really love them when they’re in my breakfast and desserts! Today I’m taking a #BlueberryBreak and sharing a little Bourbon Blueberry Galette that is quick and easy to put together!
With the holidays just about wrapped up, I’m ready for a quick refresh before taking on the new year. We’ve had one heck of a year, with a newborn in the house, on top of things really picking up at work.
For me, I take solace in food. With fresh blueberries being available 365 days a year, I decided to grab some and make something that we can all enjoy while we sit back, take a blueberry break, and reset.
Think of a blueberry galette as a super rustic pie. Something that doesn’t take much effort in preparing, but is insanely delicious and will fool people into thinking you spent hours preparing. I added a little twist and added some bourbon to accentuate the flavor of the blueberries.
And that’s what I love most about blueberries. They’re simple and delicious. Even just to eat on their own. I love adding them into recipes, one of my favorites is making a fresh blueberry syrup.
When my bourbon blueberry galette is done out of the oven, it is so hard to wait for it to cool before eating. Like a pie, it is great to eat on its own, or you can always go ala mode. I personally prefer it on its own.
The flavors from the blueberries with a hint of bourbon are really enough for you to sit back and forget about your worries, at least while you devour the whole thing. Then it’s back to the grind!
Bourbon Blueberry Gallete
- 16 oz blueberries
- 1 roll pre-made pie crust
- 1 whole egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 oz bourbon 2 oz if you're feeling it ; )
- Preheat oven to 425° F. In a baking sheet with parchment paper, roll out your pie crust, then pour blueberries in the center. Fold about 1-2 inches of the edges of the pie crust over the blueberries to contain them.
- Brush a lightly beaten egg over the pie crust, the sprinkle raw sugar over the pie crust. Sprinkle white sugar over the blueberries as well as bourbon.
- Place in the center rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes until pie crust is golden brown. Let cook for about 3-5 minutes, and devour. Enjoy!