This grilled shrimp and mango avocado salad has summer written all over it. Perfectly grilled shrimp, with savory avocado and tangy mango.
Drizzled with a honey mustard vinaigrette? Yup. Count me in!
After my recipe last with with my avocado chimichurri, I had SO MUCH avocados left over I had to figure out something else to do with it.
Instead of getting fancy with the ingredient I said “Hey, just throw it into a salad”
Sometimes I have brilliant ideas!
Sometimes. At best. Ask my wife.
Shrimp in our house is one of those proteins, that there’s no argument over. My wife has a VERY picky stomach.
She can hardly stomach chicken. And Beef? It’s gotta be cooked thoroughly (barf…). So when I’m short on ideas, shrimp is always my go-to!
So a little citrus, salt and pepper for the shrimp, on the grill, then fresh mango, avocado, and a quick from scratch honey mustard vinaigrette it is for dinner.
Also – if you want to spice this Grilled Shrimp Salad up a bit? Try Mikes Hot Honey.
We use it on everything and I gave it a test on the honey mustard vinaigrette and it was soooo good!
Grilled Shrimp Mango and Avocado Salad
FOR THE HONEY MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey spicy honey if you want to add some heat
- salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE SHRIMP
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 mango
- 2 avocado
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- in a small bowl, or a dressing jar, combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard and honey. add salt and pepper to taste. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- for the shrimp, marinate in lemon juice, salt and pepper for bout 5-10 minutes. While its marinated preheat your grill to about 450 F
- Cook shrimp over direct heat until opaque; about 5 minutes.
- Peel mango with a potato peeler, cut mango against the seed on both sides, then chop both halves into 1/2 inch cubes; slice avocados.
- Place mango and avocado in a bowl with shredded romaine lettuce. Add cherry tomatoes, cilantro and shrimp. Drizzle honey mustard vinaigrette and serve!