This Easter weekend is a brunch-lovers dream. My favorite thing to bring to brunch potlucks is a Breakfast skillet. It’s super easy to throw together and reheats so easily!
I like to keep my breakfast skillet simple by using hash browns, bacon and cheese. It makes it a huge crowd pleaser, even for the picky ones!
My breakfast skillet cooks similar to a frittata. Add cooked bacon, hash browns, cheese. Pour scrambled egg into the skillet, then let it cook in the oven for about 20 minutes. Doesn’t get easier than that right?!
And for good measure, why not add some more cheese on top. The cheesier the better, which is a good rule of thumb for life. Especially when embarrassing your children with classic dad jokes!
I personally love hot sauce on my eggs (see my spicy frittata, if you’re a spicy fan too!). I’ll always keep a bottle of Tapatio or Cholula with me just to smother all over my eggs. And it goes well on this breakfast skillet if you’re a spicy fan too!
If you’re into breakfast casseroles, you might want to check out my breakfast fries as well. It’s also an amazing brunch idea!
Egg Bacon Hash Brown Breakfast Skillet
- 8 strips bacon
- 8 whole eggs
- 1 lb shredded hashbrowns
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375 In a 12 inch skillet, cook bacon. reserve about half of the bacon drippings.
- Scramble your eggs with salt and pepper while the bacon is cooking. Grate cheese.
- Add hash browns in the skillet after the bacon is done. mix in the butter and turn the heat off on the stove.
- Add cheese, bacon and egg. Stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Place the skillet in the oven for about 20 minutes until the egg is throughly cooked. Let stand for about 5 minutes and serve. Enjoy!