This cream cheese croissant french toast bake is an awesome way to get your weekend going. It can be prepped over night and bakes in a little under an hour.
This is one of those recipes where you’ve come back from Costco, and thought to yourself “What am I really going to do with this bulk supply of croissants?”
Don’t get me wrong, I could kill off the majority of a pack of those amazing butter croissants. But I’m on the other side of my thirties and my body will make me pay for that decision dearly!
Leftover croissants are an awesome candidate for french toast. It really soaks up the egg and milk mixture, and the outer shell of the croissant gets super crispy in the oven.
You’re almost taken of guard when you take a bite since it looks a tad dry on first appearance.
But the moment you cut in and see how moist it still is on the inside, you’ll thank yourself for not second guessing the cook time!
The cream cheese and jam marries together perfectly in the oven along with the fresh fruit is really a great treat for brunch or even for.. oh I don’t know.. whats tomorrow? Mother’s Day!
My wife usually requests a dutch baby, but I thought, we could have a little pre mothers day breakfast with this croissant french toast bake.
Yes, this is fresh off the press. The dish is still on the table as we speak!
And can you believe this didn’t pass the picky kid test? I knew the cream cheese was a questionable choice, however tasty it was for the adults.
The first thing Brayden asks, “What’s this white stuff?!” with a disgusted face. Not even a try, just scraps it off an moves on! Well, there’s always cereal on deck.
Cream Cheese Croissant French Toast Bake
- 8 large croissants
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup optional
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg optional
- 8 oz cream cheese the one in the box is easier to work with
- 4 tbsp raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 4 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, vanilla extract maple syrup, cinnamon and nut meg until smooth.
- Tear croissants into large pieces and combine with french toast mixture. In a greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Add about half of the croissants into the bowl and mix until croissants are soaked then transfer into baking dish. repeat the process with the second half of the croissant. Pour remaining mixture into the baking dish.
- Cut cream cheese into 1 inch cubes and place a few under croissants and the rest on top of the croissants to make sure you have a good spread of cream cheese throughout the dish
- Spoon raspberry preserves over croissants and place thinly slice butter over croissants; place in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes, covering loosely with tin foil after 30 minutes. Top with raspberries and blueberries and let cool for about 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!