This post has been Sponsored by NFRA
It’s 5pm and you haven’t even started thinking about dinner. You can always grab some frozen burritos out of the freezer. But, if that’s your plan, lets make them amazing. Check out this idea for a frozen burrito enchilada skillet!
I grabbed a few Red’s All Natural burritos out of the frozen aisle on the way home from work the other day along with some enchilada sauce, cheese and some sliced olives, to put together a super simple, easy to make, and delicious dinner for the family.
I took inspiration from my son’s (like most kids his age as well, I’m sure) favorite things to eat. Burritos and enchiladas. I LOVE doing oven style burritos, but to make them a little more like an enchilada makes them more fun to put on the table!
And, to make this a full meal, I’ve added some Spanish rice to turn this into a full skillet meal. This all comes together in about 15 minutes – as long as it takes for the Red’s All Natural Burritos to cook in the oven.
For my skillet I used the Chicken, Cilantro & Lime Burrito, but be sure to check out the variety of burritos that Red’s All Natural has to offer in your local grocery frozen food aisle!
Chicken Cilantro And Lime Enchilada Burrito Skillet
- 4 Red’s All Natural Organic Chicken, Cilantro & Lime Burritos
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cooked spanish rice
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place 2 burritos per 6-inch skillet and place in the oven. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- While the burritos are in the oven, cook or heat up your favorite Spanish rice (or even a cilantro lime rice would be good).
- Remove burritos from the oven and pour about ½ cup of enchilada sauce over the burritos along with 4oz of cheese to each skillet. Top with olives and place back in the oven; about 5 minutes, or until cheese is nice and melted.
- Remove from the oven, add in rice and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!