Whether you’re looking to cut the carbs, or inherited a cauliflower farm and need to figure out some other ways to cook it, this cauliflower bacon hash is a perfect way to do just that!
My cauliflower hash recipe is seasoned similarly to who I do country skillet potatoes. With the obvious exception of potatoes.
But what I really love about the omitting of potatoes in this cauliflower bacon hash, is how versatile it is!
It can be a breakfast, brunch, breakfast for dinner, or just a standard side. Seriously. It’s that delicious!
And I mean. You can’t have has and NOT top it with and egg right?!
But most of all I think my favorite part of this recipe is it’s cook in the bacon grease.
Yeah, this is definitely a keto recipe. May not be a clean keto recipe, but its a delicious one for sure!
Cauliflower Bacon Hash
- 1/2 lb bacon or more
- 1/2 head cauliflower chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and place on a paper towel leaving grease in skillet. Drain all but about 3-4 tbsp of bacon grease from skillet.
- While bacon is cooking, chop cauliflower, bell pepper, and onion into 1/2 inch pieces; mince garlic.
- With skillet on medium high heat with bacon grease, add cauliflower, onion and garlic. Cook for about 2-3 minutes
- add in bell pepper and add salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, and cumin. Stir and let cook for about 5 minutes. Chop bacon, and add back in.
- cook for 2-3 more minutes, until cauliflower is at desired tenderness. Optionally serve with a grated cheese and top with an egg Enjoy!