Breakfast Spinach Bacon and Egg Stuffed Bell Peppers are my favorite way to cook a lovely low-carb breakfast that’s packed full of energy to a day out with the family! I love stuffing them with a little spinach, bacon, egg and cheese, and making them a part of our weekend routine!
It has a “quiche” like feel to it, but giving a crunch from the bell pepper adds some great texture and flavor to this breakfast. It’s not something I could regularly, but I myself get pretty excited to make it.
Honestly though, any time I have an excuse to cook bacon alongside eggs, I’m all over it. ESPECIALLY when the cooked bacon is added to the eggs before the egg cooks. Some people hate when bacon isn’t super crispy, but I personally love the texture of bacon when its been added to eggs before they’re cooked. It’s has some “crunch” to it, but is a little chewy and adds so much flavor to the eggs as a whole.
My favorite part of this breakfast? It works perfectly with my weight loss goals – almost no carbs, plenty of protein and fat, and nutrients from the spinach and bell pepper as well. Gives me plenty of energy to start the day off!
Yeah I couldn’t help myself I HAD to begin eating while shooting. Welp I’m off for the rest of the day, off to disneyland with the family, thengoing to see the LA Kings win tonight!
Check Before Serving
Although it should be cooked through with the time and temps given, you always want to be sure. It tends to get tricky to eyeball if it’s done once the cheese browns on top, but you’ll want to cut a slit with a knife in the center to make sure there isn’t egg running.
On To The Recipe
Spinach Bacon and Egg Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 whole assorted bell peppers
- 12 strips bacon
- 8 whole eggs
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Cook your bacon and Preheat the oven to 400F. While thats going on, remove the tops of your bell peppers and scoop out the seeds and pulp from the sides of the peppers
- When the bacon is done, set it aside. Scramble your eggs in a bowl with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, along with the melted butter, I like to use this instead of milk to keep the eggs fluffy.
- Now mix in your chopped spinach and grated cheddar cheese.
- Taking the bacon and loosely breaking into chunks, add 3 per bell pepper.
- Carefully Pour the egg mixture evenly into each bell pepper.
- Cook for 50-60 minutes, serve and enjoy!