Bacon Egg and Cheese Tater Tots. Now that’s one way to take your tater tots to the next level!
These tots loaded with cheese and bacon then topped off with a fried egg is an awesome way to do breakfast, lunch or even dinner!
These cheesy tots also make a good game day meal idea. Sundays usually equate to laziness and lounging around the house in my PJs after church, followed by watching some hockey.
So having a pile of these bacon egg and cheese tater tots to snack on all day is the perfect way to reset for Monday.
If you’re a fan of super crispy tots, definitely go the fried route, and I’d highly recommend grabbing a deep fryer to save your sanity.
But if you want to do these sheet pan style, Bake them first, then top with the cheese and bacon and set them back in the oven to melt.
Top with a couple fried eggs and you’re set!
And if you’re looking to add a little dimension to these bacon egg and cheese tater tots, Toss the tots in a little onion powder, garlic powder and thyme (about 1 tsp each).
It’ll give it that country-style potato vibe that always hit the spot!
Bacon Egg and Cheese Tater Tots
- 12 oz tater tots frozen
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 6 oz shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion slice
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 egg
- FOR THE TOTS: If frying, add tater tots in oil heated to 375 in small batches for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown. remove from oil and set on top of a paper towel. If baking, line tots on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes at 375F until golden brown.
- While the tots are cooking, cook bacon and set on a paper towel to remove any excess grease.
- Top cheese and chopped bacon on tots on a baking sheet. Place in the oven until cheese is melted.
- While the cheese is melting, fry up a couple eggs in a little butter or oil until whites are opaque. Top over tater tots, and add some chopped green onion. Enjoy!