Whew thats a mouthful: White Chocolate Macadamia Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies. I don’t even know how to shorten that, but during the holidays, these are one of my favorites to have.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a standard oatmeal cookie, but right about this time of the year, I need cranberry in just about everything!
These White Chocolate Macadamia Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies have TONs of flavor and texture. And I LOVE big chunks of white chocolate, so I use a bar of Ghirardelli white chocolate, and break it up to give it a chunkier texture. It’s amazing!
This is totally optional, but I also like using ground pink himalayan salt rather than the usual table salt. It adds a different flavor to the cookie, that is really good and definitely adds a little personality to the oatmeal cookie.
Quick tip, I found that using a stand mixer, helps save some time. Especially if you’re doing this in large batches during the holiday season. just turn it on with the ingredients in and you’re set!
Chilling Your Cookies
You’ll want to throw your batch of oatmeal cookies in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to make it easier to form into balls and not get too flat when it bakes. Also some other cool things happen too when you chill your cookie dough.
So in my last month of the year, AKA my cheat month. I’ll be getting down on some cookies, and other gluttonous treats. Then getting right back into eating better after the new year. Because reasons and cliches.
Speaking of which, I’m actually thinking of going back into the keto diet. I started sharing some keto recipes in the beginning of this year, curious if you would like to see some more recipes like that coming in the new year? I’d love to hear what you think!
White Chocolate Macadamia Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 8 tbsp butter softened
- 1/3 cup golden brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 6 oz macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 oz white chocolate use a baking bar and crush it for a chunkier cookie
- In a Stand Mixer, on low to medium speed mix softened butter, white and brown sugar until evenly mixed.
- Mix in an egg and vanilla extract until you have a nice smooth consistency
- Mix in Flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon just until everything is incorporated. Be careful not to over mix on this step!
- Fold in crushed chocolate, macadamia and cranberries. Cover and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. On a baking sheet, place tablespoon sized balls of dough about 2 inches apart from each other. Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Let cool for about 15 minutes on a rack, then serve. Enjoy!