Spaghetti and meatballs is an easy dish, but what if you wanted to make it a tad different? Throw a little pizza dough on top with an amazing garlic seasoning that I found from sprouts and you have a quick change up on an old classic that everyone at the table is sure to love – Spaghetti and Meatball Pot Pie!
The weekends are what we all live for. Time to decompress from the busy week, have some time to ourselves and with our family. Sitting down with the family to eat a home cooked meal is not always the easiest thing to accomplish. That’s why I love to do meals that are “family style” to share with the whole family.
It makes things so much simpler to get things on the table and as quick as possible when you have a young family like myself. Especially when using some good quality pre-made ingredients from sprouts, is such a time saver to make great home-made meals.
This spaghetti and meatball pot pie is such a great comfort food meal that is so great to share with your family. It hits the spot during those cold fall nights and makes everyone all warm and cozy inside.
It gives us more time to try and wrangle our child up and get the baby all set up for us to sit down. When its as chaotic as our home is during this time, making a family style meal really helps out!
Spaghetti and Meat Pot Pie gives you everything you want out of a spaghetti dish in one pan. I used pizza dough for the crust that is buttered and seasoned with Sprouts Organic Garlic seasoning, to turn it into a “garlic bread” type crust. Perfect from dipping and eating along with the spaghetti and meatballs!
This is great base recipe to modify as well. For instance, use some mozzarella in the “pie” filling to give your spaghetti a lovely cheesy goodness that everyone is going to love.
Weekend Spaghetti and Meatball Pot Pie
- 8 oz Sprouts Spaghetti
- 1 lb italian seasoned pork or chicken
- 24 oz Jar Sprouts Organic Marinara Sauce
- 1 lb package pizza dough
- 4 tbsp white flour
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp Sprouts Organic Garlic and Herb Seasoning
FOR THE PASTA
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Bring a pot with 6 cups of water to a boil, add spaghetti and boil until al dente; about 8-11 minutes. Strain, add 2-4 tbsp of marinara sauce (so the pasta wont stick) and set aside.
FOR THE MEATBALLS
- While the spaghetti is boiling, roll Italian seasoned pork into medium sized balls, and cook on a 8-12” skillet over medium heat; about 3-5 minutes per side. Drain any excess grease.
FOR THE PIZZA DOUGH PIE CRUST
- Place dough on a cutting board liberally coated with flour. Roll into a ¼” thin crust, adding flour on top as needed to prevent sticking.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Add Marinara and spaghetti into the skillet with meatballs. stir everything together so it’s evenly distributed.
- Cover skillet with the pizza dough pie crust, rolling the sides over on the edges to create a crust. Coat with melted butter and sprinkle with Sprouts Organic Garlic and Herb Seasoning liberally. Cut 4 slits into top of crust.
- Place in top rack of oven for 20-25 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Cut into pie shaped pieces.