Yes, a breakfast bagel is the perfect breakfast for the whole family on a Saturday morning. Full stop.
Toasted bagel, topped with a nice fried egg, stacks of crispy bacon, a little sriracha ketchup, and cheese, plus a quick guacamole on top of the eggs?
Yep. It’s going to be a good weekend.
It’s quick to make, easy to throw together, and if you’re a griddle fan like myself? Easy to cook for the masses.
Welcome to my favorite breakfast recipe: THE Ultimate Breakfast Bagel!
Ingredients needed for this Breakfast Bagel Sandwich Recipe
You don’t need much, but the variations are up to you:
- Bagels: Nothing beats fresh bagels in the morning. Grab a few egg bagels from your local bagel shop. Looking to cut the calories? Try some bagel thins.
- Eggs: If you want to keep this clean to eat, go with scrambled eggs. Runny yolk fan? My friend, let’s do them sunny side up!
- Bacon: I’m a fan of tried and true strips. But by all means, stack this ultimate breakfast sandwich with some Canadian bacon as well.
- Hot Sauce: Go with what you love, but for this recipe, we’re going to add a little flair and make a sriracha ketchup as well.
- Cheese: I like cheddar cheese for this recipe. Gouda, Swiss, or Gruyere would be a great variation. When it comes to melty cheese, you can’t go wrong.
It’s a delicious recipe with simple ingredients, but put together, they work wonderfully!
Want some other variation ideas?
Try adding some pickled red onions and tomato slices, or even top some slices of ham or some chili flakes!
If you’re cooking for a family, you’ll want to try to find some items to help make this come together quicker:
- Large Skillet: Larger the better, even a stovetop griddle would help get multiple items cooked at once.
- Griddle: If you are a Blackstone fan like myself, this is the perfect recipe to bust out your flattop grill! Cooking the bacon and eggs while toasting your bagels is the perfect win!
Preparation tips for bagel breakfast sandwiches
Multi-Tasking: This can be a quick breakfast to cook, if you multitask.
While cooking the bacon, a lot of other prep can be done, like guacamole, sriracha ketchup, slicing cheese and even toasting the bagel thins.
Anything that doesn’t need to be hot can be done during this time.
Especially if you have some of this guacamole leftover from the night before. Done and done!
Cooking Eggs: Do the eggs however you wish, but I am a huge fan of sunny side up!
They’re quick and easy to make, no flipping, scrambling.
Just crack cover and in minutes you’re good to go!
Makes melting the cheese easy too since sunny side up eggs need to be covered while they cook!
Other Breakfast Bagel Ideas
While the Ultimate Breakfast Bagel Sandwich reigns supreme in our house for a protein-packed breakfast, let’s not forget the creative possibilities that can grace your plate:
- Lox and Cream Cheese: A classic that never fails, spread some creamy goodness and top it with slices of delicate lox for an indulgent treat.
- Veggie Delight: Load up your bagel with sautéed mushrooms, spinach, roasted bell peppers, and a dollop of creamy goat cheese.
- Avocado Sunrise: Mash ripe avocado on your bagel, top with a poached egg, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a nutritious kick.
- Sweet Start: Don’t shy away from sweetness – slather your bagel with nutella, add some fresh strawberries, and dust with powdered sugar.
The beauty of breakfast bagels lies in their versatility; they’re a canvas for your culinary imagination.
So, whether it’s THE BEST Breakfast Bagel Sandwich you’ve ever had, or one of these delightful variations, every bite will a great way to start a weekend morning.
After all, the world seems a little brighter when you’re starting the day the perfect way: biting into a delicious breakfast bagel.
The Ultimate Breakfast Bagel
- 2 whole bagel thins sliced of course
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 slices cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large haas avocados
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- Cook your bacon in a skillet over medium heat, set aside on a paper towel to dry.4 slices bacon
- Meanwhile mix in the avocado, cilantro and seasonings to make a quick guacamole1 large haas avocados, 1 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp ground cumin, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp chopped cilantro, 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Combine ketchup and sriracha in a small bowl to make your sriracha ketchup. Mix eggs if you're planning on scrambled.2 tbsp ketchup, 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- Cook eggs with 1 tablespoon of butter, top with cheese to let it melt, then set aside when done in a bowl or plate.2 medium eggs, 2 slices cheese
- Toast bagels while the eggs are cooking. then assemble: add sriracha ketchup to the bottom of the bagel, top with cheesy egg, bacon and guacamole.2 whole bagel thins