Stuffed Peppers are a great easy-to-make weeknight dinner. If you’re over the usual stuffed bell pepper however, you’ll want to try out these stuffed poblano peppers! Just a slight addition of heat, and much better flavor!
This stuffed poblano also makes for a healthy dinner idea with the addition of Jennie-O lean All-Natural Ground Turkey. With 7% fat content, not only does this make the meal much lighter, but there’s little to know grease while browning your turkey, which means no draining. One less step!
I added my taco seasoning, some fresh minced garlic, shallots and cherry tomatoes. Stir in a can of black beans and you have your filling that not only goes great for these stuff poblanos but would make an excellent burrito as well, so make extra!
Poblano peppers may seem like an odd alternative to a bell pepper once you cut in half, but they misleadingly keep a good amount of the filling once you de-seed and scrape out any pulp. Then top with a healthy amount of cheese to take these over the edge!
And don’t be afraid, these are not spicy at all. My wife looked at me a little weary thinking they were going to be too spicy. But after they cooked down, these poblano peppers were harmless. But the flavor, is so much better than a bell peppers, and makes a perfect companion to the Jennie-O turkey filling I made!
Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Ground Turkey
- 1 lb Jennie-O All Natural Ground Turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 8 oz black beans
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 4 large poblano peppers halved
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a pan on medium heat, brown saute garlic, shallots, tomatoes and ground turkey in 2 tbsp of olive oil. Stir in chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, black beans. simmer for about 5-7 minutes until turkey is no longer pink.
- Cut poblano peppers in half length wise, scoop out seeds and pulp with a spoon. Fill with ground turkey filling, top with cheese and place on a sheet pan. Place in oven and cook for about 12-15 minutes. Enjoy!