I have a confession, I’m a tad obsessed with Brie cheese. I’ll take Brie however I can, Baked Brie, Brie on bread, or even Grilled brie smothered in delicious jelly!
Grilled brie is a great summer app to make for your guests if you want to fancy it up a bit, or just devour yourself, like we did immediately after I took these photos.
It makes an amazing breakfast too. Just think of it as mini open faced grilled cheese sandwiches!
For the jelly, I used Smucker’s Fruit & Honey fruit spreads. They’re made with simple ingredients, with no preservatives, and are naturally sweetened with honey.
When I saw the awesome flavor combinations they had like Strawberry Jalapeno, I knew that was going to be perfect for my grilled brie.
It’s loaded with strawberry flavor, and then you get this light heat from the jalapeno at the end which leaves you wanting more.
Combined with the smooth and creamy texture from brie cheese? You’ve got yourself a winner here!
I’m normally a big brie on top of bread or cracker with a thin sliced prosciutto, but when you bake or grill brie, it becomes this gooey cheese heaven that you just want to swim in.
It’s an amazing way to get everyone swarming to the table too if you want to get everyone’s appetites going, while you’re wrapping up dinner!
Also, warming up the Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno fruit spread in the skillet along with the brie gives it a totally different dynamic.
The warm fruit spread on top of the grilled brie cheese and bread with an extra topping of strawberries and a jalapeno if you’re looking to spice it up, is the bee’s knees!
Thanks to Smucker’s for sponsoring this recipe, as always, all opinions are my own!
On To The Recipe
Strawberry Jalapeno Grilled Brie
- 1 wheel brie cheese
- 1 jar Smucker's Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread
- 8 whole strawberries or more if you want
- 1 whole jalapeno
- 1 loaf baguette
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Brush a light coating of olive oil on one side of your brie wheel
- Place the brie, oil side down on your grill at medium heat. Grill for about 3-5 minutes, until you get nice grill marks on your cheese.
- While the brie is grilling, slice strawberries, jalapeno, and your bread
- in a small skillet add about half the jar of Smucker's Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread, then place the brie in the spread.
- After about 2 minutes top with more of the Fruit Spread and add some of the sliced strawberries
- Toast your bread. When the bread is nice and toasted, pull the bread and grilled brie off the grill.
- Add some of the cheese on bread, with a little jam, then top with a strawberry and jalapeno slice. Enjoy!