I’ve learned over the years how to make a great home cooked shrimp fried rice. It doesn’t stick, has great flavor, and recently has evolved into something that turns out not so unhealthy to eat by adding a lot of vegetables and a little sriracha to liven things up!
This dish is amazing! It’s not to the point where the sriracha overwhelms the dish but just enough so you get the flavor and a little heat so this is still safe for the whole family.
The key to a good fried rice is using the right rice. It needs to be jasmine rice, and if you really want to do it right, use leftover rice from the fridge. If you cook rice the day of, let it sit for at least 30 minutes and you should still be able to pull off a decent fried rice!
A wok is a must for this recipe, and you want to get it really hot. This keeps the ingredients from overcrowding which to keep everything from steaming, making it sticky. Another plus to using a wok is you can keep this meal in one pot!
If you don’t have a wok, you can use large pan, just make sure you prep the egg and shrimp separately the pan from keep over crowding, then throw it all together in the last minute.
On To The Recipe
Sriracha Shrimp Fried Rice Medley
Fried Rice Mix
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
Fried Rice Ingredients
- 1 cup jasmine rice pre-cooked will be 2 cups
- 8 oz snow peas
- 1 medium green bellpepper
- 1 medium red bell pepepr
- 2 medium eggs
- 8 oz shrimp raw
- 1/2 cup carrots sliced
- Add the Fried Rice mix into a container and stir together. Set Aside
- Slice up the carrots and bell pepper. Get the rice and snow peas out too and put everything in one spot
- Get your shrimp ready. Defrost, peel and de-vein if needed. Must be in a pink bowl.
- Scramble 2 egg lightly. In a heart bowl. Must be in a pink heart bowl.
- Get your wok nice and hot. add about a tbsp of sesame oil to the pot
- Add the rice and brown it for about a minute.
- Add about a tbsp of the fried rice mix and stir it into the rice for another minute.
- Add the shrimp in 1 section of the wok, and the scrambled eggs into another section keeping the rice, shrimp and egg as separate as possible
- Cook the egg through for about 1-2 minutes. Don't worry if you get a little of the shrimp and rice mixed together, just keep it as separated as possible.
- Dump all the veggies along with the remaining fried rice sauce
- Stir frequently for about 3-5 minutes until the shrimp is opaque. Make sure you're using a sturdy metal spatula to make sure you get the bottom rice and scraped of the plate to keep it from burning.