This post is sponsored by Gardein but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
You’ve prepared an amazing dinner for your guests on the holidays, you’re turkey, sausage stuffing, honey-glazed ham, are laid out on the table and everyone is ready to dig in. Then you get the question, “Is there anything without meat?”. Oh no! You forgot about the vegetarian guests!! Well I, with help from Gardein, have your back! I have a super simple and delicious Turkey veggie wrap that has Gardein Turk’y cutlets included, that even the meat eaters will enjoy!
Oh yeah. Giveaway
This Turk’y Veggie Wrap is loaded with tons of healthy and nutritious ingredients: Avocado, Tomato, Arugula, Alfafa Sprouts, and my Quick and Easy Hummus. Adding Garein’s Turk’y Cutlets to the wrap gives it a really nice texture with the crunch of the breading and flavor that you get from the “meat”. I’ve actually have become quite fond of these types of wraps – we have a vegetarian restaurant close by that does wraps with tempeh, that is quite delicious. SoI took inspiration from that to put this together, It’s pretty much my favorite meatless meal!
BTW, can you believe Thanksgiving is next week?! I haven’t even started with the grocery shopping, but luckily we will be visiting family, so I only need to worry about a sidedish this year, possibly might even bring this dish. It’s really easy to make, only take 20 minutes, thanks to the turk’y cutlets being able to be cooked from frozen! You’ll want to cook this up first btw, while you getting everything else prepped, that way it isn’t hot while when it’s thrown in a wrap. I like my veggie wraps cold!
During the busy holiday season sometimes it can get hard getting a quick and healthy meal made for the family, especially what you have to worry about what you’re going to cook for the big dinner! This wrap is also a great quick weeknight meal for this time of the year! My son Brayden even got down on this meal, we had to serve it up separated to him, but he actually sat down at the table and kept eating everything until it was almost all gone! SCORE!
Did I mention how freaking healthy this is? With how heavy holiday meals can get, this is a very nice break from that during this season. Gardein products are non-GMO, no cholesterol and low-fat and low-calorie! save all that junk for the desserts right?! Right..
“Hey Derek, Whats this about a giveaway?”, You ask?! Well to kick off the holiday season I thought I’d give away a 12″ Lodge Cast Iron Skillet like the one I use in a lot of my posts! I’ll be running this contest until the end of the month and will mail it to 1 lucky winner! All you have to do is enter via rafflecopter down below!
On To The Recipe
Spinach Veggie Wraps With Meatless Turk'y AND A GIVEAWAY!
- 4 patties Gardein Turk'y Cutlets
- 4 whole Spinach Wrap
- 1 cup Hummus
- 2 whole avocados
- 2 whole tomato
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup arugula
- Take your Gardein Turk'y Cutlets and cook as instructed on the package, I chose to fry mine, to give them a nice crisp.
- While the cutlets are cooking, go ahead and prep all your veggies, slicing everything in long strips. If you're making hummus, now would be the time.
- Set your patties aside and let them cool for a few minutes; continue prep if needed.
- Once cooled, cut the cutlets into nice long strips.
- Place your veggie wrap on a skillet on medium low heat and heat it up on both sides for about 15 seconds. This will make it easy to work with.
- Spread the hummus along the center of the wrap
- Then place all your ingredients in nice rows.
- Fold the outside of the wrap in first, like a burrito, then roll the wrap up. Before finishing, I like to dab my finder in water and get the outer flap wet, so that it will stick.
- Place the wrap on the skillet where the outer flap is exposed to seal it up. Set aside and repeat this process until all your wraps are finished.
- Cut the wrap diagonal across the middle and serve. 2 wraps "halves" equal 1 serving. Enjoy!