Yep. This is the best name I could think up for this recipe. Spicy Tequila Skillet Chicken Tenders. I mean yeah its spicy. I threw tequila in it, cooked it in a skillet, and TECHNICALLY they’re chicken tenders? So yeah. Nailed it!
The other night I had a craving for some easy to make chicken that had a little spice to it and something extra to it. Not extra like how the kids are saying it. Extra like.. you know. How a dad would say it!
These skillet chicken fingers are seasoned with a little cumin, chili powder, and paprika. cooked in a skillet, then I flambeed, it (for science) with some tequila. Topped it off with some cheese, scallions and fresh cut fresno and serrano peppers, and I’ve got an easy meal that hits the spot!.
When picking your cheese for this, make good choices and grab tilamook. Love how well their cheese melts. But I’m open to other cheese so if you think there’s a better cheese brand out there drop me a line!
I’ve started up my diet again, to cut some weight quickly before we start heading out to the beach this summer. This recipe is a good way for me to supplement it. I’d imagine if you were strictly doing Keto or some Paleo type recipe, this would be right up your alley as well!
As for me, this is just a tasty, cheesy, delicious snack that tingles the lips and is quick to make!
Spicy Tequila Skillet Chicken Tenders
- 1 half boneless skinless chicken breast butterflied and cut into strips
- 1 small fresno pepper
- 1 small serrano pepper or jalapeno to tone down the heat
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 shot tequila
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- Heat your skilled over medium heat. Butterfly your chicken breast and cut into 1 inch strips. Season with salt, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika.
- with about 2 tbsp peanut oil in the skillet, add your chicken. let cook on one side for about 2 minutes, DO NOT TOUCH. you want the chicken to get nice and browned. Add in tequila. If you have a gas stove top, shake the pan to get the flame excited and it should light up the alcohol briefly for a couple seconds. Or you can just light it with a lighter.
- Reduce heat to low and flip your chicken tenders. Cook for 1 minute, then add slices of cheddar. Leave on heat until cheddar melts. Top with chopped scallions and sliced peppers. Enjoy!