I love my shrimp tacos. Spicy shrimp tacos is something I absolutely cannot get enough of! I put together a super quick and easy recipe for spicy shrimp tacos that will take your next taco Tuesday to the next level!
Either on the grill or in a pan, my little concoction to make spicy shrimp tastes absolutely amazing! It fogs up my glasses and makes me sweat a little, but I’m kind of a wuss when it comes to handling spicy food. I’m an absolute sucker for it so I come back every time!
For a little something extra for Taco Tuesday, I highly advise adding my Avocado Pico De Gallo on top of these shrimp tacos. They go great on everything but they really add an extra mouthful of flavor that really hits the spot.
Don’t like your shrimp tacos spicy? Try my cilantro lime shrimp tacos.
Using a little cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper, really adds a lot of flavor. This spice mix adds just the right amount of heat and gets you read to grab the next taco.
I cooked the shrimp on the grill over indirect heat to let them get a little char and that wonderful grilled flavor that everyone loves for the summer. My wife was craving something spicy, and I can never say no to spicy food either, so this was something I had no problem throwing together.
Lightening up Spicy Shrimp Tacos
Just so that these this recipes isn’t IN YOUR FACE ALL THE TIME spicy, I wanted to make sure it was balance. Feel feel to add a little freshness and color to the shrimp (especially if you’re looking to make a shrimp bowl) by adding some cilantro and a squeeze of lime while its on the grill!
Enjoy your taco
tuesday, wednesday, thursday everyday, and be sure to pin this recipe. And let me know how you liked it!
Grilled Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb shrimp fresh or defrosted.
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp dried cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp lime juice
- In a bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, cilantro, cumin, oregano, pepper, smoked paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes; let sit in the fridge for about 5 minutes.
- Heat up your grill on one side, on high heat. (about 450 F); place shrimp on indirect heat.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes until opaque, flipping occasionally; Squeeze lime juice over shrimp about 1 minutes before removing from the grill.
- Add on top of tortillas, with a little red cabbage, and avocado pico de gallo and serve. Enjoy!@