Chili is always a favorite of mine. But right now I’m limiting carbs, so and needed a chili fix. This Paleo Chili recipe just what I need right now to get that fix!
I used 3 different heat sources – red pepper flakes, jalapeno, and roasted Poblano peppers to spice up this paleo chili.
And to get some extra protein into this chili, I used Pacific Foods Beef Bone Broth.
I thickened it up with tomato paste, which works well – but if you’re looking for a thick hearty chili, I suggest letting this sit over night to really thicken up.
Nothing beats a chili that really drains the sinuses. This isn’t a “have a glass of milk nearby” hot, but just enough to really hit the spot.
Topped with a good non-dairy cheese to get that cheese fix on your chili to keep everything paleo.
Or just use real cheese and congrats – You’ve gone Keto!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 poblano pepper roasted
- 1 red bell pepper
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 16 oz Pacific Foods Organic Beef Bone Broth
- 1 tsp salt more to taste
- 8 oz tomato paste
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 8 oz non-dairy cheese
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- In a large pot, brown ground beef and drain in a colander. While beef is draining, in the same pot add onion and garlic and cook for about 2-3 minutes until opaque and aromatic. Return Beef into pot and salt.
- Stir in Chili Seasoning, diced tomatoes and Pacific Foods Organic Beef Bone broth. Bring to a simmer. While this is happening, roast poblano over an open flame until charred. Scrape off charred skin with a knife, chop, then add into pot.
- Chop jalapeno and red bell pepper and add into pot. Check flavor and add tomato paste and more salt to taste if necessary. Cover and let simmer for about 60 minutes.
- If you want a thicker chili, allow it to rest in the fridge over night. If not, serve and enjoy!