If you’ve never had Eggs In Hell, you’re missing out on one of the best comfort breakfasts out there! It’s so delicious, and on a morning where you’re not feeling so hot, this is the best way to get you going again!
Eggs in hell is very simple to make, by browning some onions and garlic, adding some diced tomatoes, jalapeños and some seasoning. Then top with cheese and eggs and let it do its thing in the oven.
The combination of tomato sauce, egg and cheese and some heat, along with bread on the side is just the best kind of comfort food!
Get some good bread for Eggs in Hell!
You really want a nice piece of bread that can hold its weight against all these eggs in hell. Something like a ciabatta or a nice Italian loaf; maybe even make your own crusty bread!
I found a nice loaf that I can’t remember for the life of me what it was called, but it was in the gourmet bakery section, so I was sold!
I can’t begin to tell you how surprised/proud I was to see my son like this eggs in hell recipe! There’s some recipes where I know I’m going to have to make something on the side because this picky toddler just wont eat anything but turkey rolls and cheese.
So seeing him eat something a little done up like this and on the spicy side at that, was very nice to see!
One thing you’ll need to keep an eye out for is how long you keep it in the oven. The eggs wont white over like a normal sunny side egg does so it will be misleading and you may not get runny yolk, if you’re into runny yolks for this recipe.
My yolks were a little more solid after about 15 minutes in the oven, but I think it actually works for this recipe!
I’m already getting excited for the next weekend, because this eggs in hell recipe already on the menu for breakfast!
On To The Recipe
Spicy Eggs In Hell
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 24 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 medium jalapeno
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 oz sliced cheese
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 loaf bread sourdough, italian, ciabatta, something thick!
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Chop onions, garlic and jalapeño. Brown onions and garlic in a skillet with 2tbsp of olive oil; about 5 minutes
- Stir in diced tomatoes, jalapeño, salt, pepper, smoked paprika; bring to boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add sliced cheese on top then crack open your eggs. Place in the oven along with sliced bread for about 10-15 minutes until egg whites are opaque.
- Top with some more sliced jalapeños and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!