Well it’s that time of the year again, Super Bowl weekend! Which for me means, who’s house am I going to to eat and drink and pretend to be a football fan for a day? If that’s you, then you’ll probably going to need to bring an awesome dish (like Nachos) to make up for the fact that you have no idea who the Cleveland Broncos and Carolina Wildcats are! (I kid.. I KNOW who the Cleveland Broncos are ????)
So what should you bring? A BIG SKILLET OF VEGETARIAN NACHOS OF COURSE!
But not just any vegetarian nachos, soak them in this delicious Red Chile sauce to add some extra flavor. And sure, you could use meat, but why use meat when you can pull Nasoya’s TofuBaked Chipotle Tofu already prepared and ready to go, right out of the fridge? I promise, no one is going to notice. And on top of that you have a plate to bring for anyone who isn’t a meat fan, yet still SUPER high in protein (63g from the Tofu, black beans and cheese in fact)! Win, Win!
So I know most of the US revolves around Super Bowl Sunday this time of year, but for me, these vegetarian nachos were made to celebrate the NHL All Star Weekend! Speaking of which, can we talk about John Scott for a second? This story is ridiculous! He wins the fan vote, the NHL strong arms him to be traded and sent down, fans cry foul, and he goes the ASG anyways.
John Scott ends up scoring the first goal for the pacific, then snipes one on a breakaway, THEN gets voted MVP! I’m usually bored to death by the All Star Game, and look forward to the Skills challenge, but this was the most entertaining ASG I’ve seen in a long while, and Scott was probably the biggest reason!
But enough about sports, lets get back to this killer recipe! Because of the diet I have been on I couldn’t eat to much of the chips, instead gorged on all the other goodies. But, man was these Nachos full of flavor! And the fact that the tofu is already pre-baked (hence the term TofuBaked) with some Chipotle added some extra flavor into the Nachos as it baked in, which I wasn’t expecting, but was a pleasant surprise!
Since we’re working with Nasoya’s TofuBaked product, this is a SUPER fast dish to cook, As quick as it takes to preheat the oven, you can have the whole thing read to go in. That is, IF you prepare your Red Chile Sauce ahead of time. The Chile sauce on its own takes about 20-25 minutes to prepare, making this dish from start to finish around 40 minutes total.
So if you’re planning on doing this all at one time prepare accordingly, otherwise prepare your Red Chile sauce ahead of time, and you’ll have this ready to go, and hot out of the oven before the Pregame is done!
Thank you Nasoya for supplying the Chipotle TofuBaked for this recipe!!
On To The Recipe
Red Chile Vegetarian Nachos With Chipotle Tofu
- 1 cup Spicy Red Chile Sauce
- 1 package Nasoya Organic Chipotle TofuBaked
- 8 oz chips eyeball this, however many chips cover the skillet/pan
- 8 oz chedder cheese vegetarian, if you're going 100%
- 6 oz black beans vegetarian, if you're going 100%
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup mango salsa
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos
- Prepare your Red chile sauce as directed in the recipe. Boil your chile peppers, blend with garlic and spices, strain into a pan of 1 tbsp olive oil, reduce for 10 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 375. Chop the Chipotle TofuBaked in about 1/2 inch cubes, and strips; This ddds different texture and bites with different sizes>
- In a 12 inch skillet (large baking pan for more servings) layer with chips and smother with about 1/2 cup of Red Chile Sauce
- Top with Tofu and black beans
- Then with a healthy portion of cheese ; )
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese in the middle is nice and melted.
- Top with your condiment and let everyone eat right from the skillet - Enjoy!