These smoked s’mores cookies are next level. They’re s’mores combined with a chocolate chip cookie on a pellet grill to get a beautiful smokey flavor!
These cookies are baked on a pellet grill to bring that outdoor smokiness that you’d expect in a S’more!
I’m sure it doesn’t make mush of a difference but when you’re making a s’mores cookie, you gotta go all out!
Also, I decided to go with salted butter for these s’mores cookies. I feel that it will balance out the extra sweetness from the marshmallow.
I set my Traeger to 375 and baked these cookies for about 15-18 minutes. I noticed that they took longer too cook than in a conventional oven. this could be because the temperature does fluctuate.
And like any smoker, if you’re lookin you aint cookin! So transfer your cookies into your pellet grill as quick as possible!
To really put the “smoked” in smoked s’more’s cookies, I also finished these off with a little torch to the mallows to give them that “kissed by the fire'” look and feel.
Nothing beats a charred mallow in the summer. Especially on a cookie.
These smoked smore’s cookies were an absolute hit with the kids, so you might want to make a double batch, or just keep them under lock and key!
Smoked S’mores Cookies on the Pellet Grill
- 8 tbsp salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour keep an extra 1/2 cup handy for adjustments
- 3/4 cup chocolate candy bar crumbled
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 1/2 cup graham crackers
- Preheat your pellet grill to 375 F. Mix your softened butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl or stand mixer until evenly incorporated.
- Add the egg, baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract; mix until smooth
- Begin stirring in your flour, about 1/2 cup at a time. If it looks too "sticky" add flour at a table spoon at a time until your dough holds it's shape when you take a spoonful.
- Ad in your chocolate candy bar chunks, graham cracker and marshmallows.
- Place about 6 – rounded tablespoon sized cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart. Add additional chocolate chunks, marshmallow and graham crackers on top of each cookie to get that s'more vibe!
- Cook each batch for about 12-15 minutes. You want them barely cooked in the center and a little golden on the edges for a softer cookie, more cooked in the center if you want them crispier..
- Let them rest for about 15-20 minutes, on a cooling rack. Optionally, come back with a torch and char up the marshmallows for a nice s'more look and taste. Enjoy!