I’ve been pretty excited to grill this last month if you haven’t noticed. Chicken Nachos are probably one of my year around favorite things to make, and with the perfect weather we’ve been having I had to do a smoked chicken nacho recipe on the grill! #sorrynotsorry
Food Should Taste Good sent me over an assortment of their tortilla chips including their Guacamole Tortilla Chips. Food Should Taste Good Guacamole Tortilla Chips with real ingredients are right up my alley and I knew instantly they would make for a perfect nacho!
Food SHOULD Taste Good!
Food Should Taste Good Tortilla Chips are wholesome snacks that deliver on great taste, real, simple ingredients perfect for Memorial Day Weekend entertaining. Food Should Taste Good believes in crafting better snacks, as they know food tastes best when it’s made with real ingredients.
What I like most about their product, is that they are non-GMO, certified Kosher and certified gluten-free. Many of the chip varieties are also certified vegan. So, if you want to replace the chicken with tofu and use vegan-friendly cheese, you can go full vegan with their chips!
Before I go on about the smoked chicken nachos, lets just talk about what to drink. Memorial Day is coming up and you can’t NOT have a beer to celebrate! But what about a beer cocktail?
I put together this tasty Orange Ginger Beer Cocktail using some fresh squeezed orange juice with some ginger beer and a Belgian white beer.
Using some good quality ginger beer will give you that spice from the ginger with a little sweet notes at the end from the orange. It’s quite refreshing and pairs really well with the smokiness of the nachos. This beer cocktail is a really easy drink to put together for your guests too!
I actually would just let them pour it out themselves as its no harder than making a vodka cranberry – and they can drink more of them without you having to fight them for their keys!
Making these Smoked Chicken Nachos quickly
So yes, smoking the chicken takes a little time. I grilled them with a smoke box inside and it took about an hour, but was well worth it! Whats perfect about nachos, is you don’t necessarily need to have the ingredients cooked immediately before.
What I did was smoked my chicken ahead of time and made extra for my lunches using my Texas Style BBQ Rub. Then, when I was ready to make my nachos a couple days later, I chopped up the chicken, threw it on top of the Food Tastes Good Guacamole Tortilla chips, with some black beans, cheese and a spicy habanero salsa I picked up from the store. 15 minutes later – Smoked Chicken Nachos ready to serve!
On To The Recipe
Barbecued Smoked Chicken Nachos with Guacamole Chips
Ginger Orange Beer (serves 1)
- 12 oz belgian white beer
- 6 oz ginger beer
- 2 oz fresh squuezed orange juice
Smoked Chicken Nachos
- 2 lb chicken breast skin on, or off its up to you!
- 1/2 cup Texas Style BBQ Rub
- 1 bag Guacamole Tortilla Chips Preferrably Food Should Taste Good Brand
- 8 oz black beans
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Rub a liberal amount of my Texas Style BBQ Rub on your chicken breasts.
- On a grill at around 250 Fahrenheit, with a smoker box set in (i like cherry wood pellets) Place your chicken in the grill and cover. Turn about once every 15 minutes;
- After about an hour, when the internal temperature is 165 Fahrenheit, take off the grill and let rest.
- In a skillet dump a bag of Food Should Taste Good Guacamole Tortilla chips in a skillet.
- Cut the chicken into chunks. Sprinkle and mix in a little more of the Texas Style BBQ Rub.
- Add black beans, chicken, cheese and some green onion (optional). Place on the grill with the smoking box going. and let cook for about 15 minutes. Until Cheese is fully melted
- While that's going, add ice to a glass wit your ginger beer, orange juice, and belgian white beer. You'll have a couple ready by the time the Nachos are done. Top with some salsa and enjoy!
This recipe was sponsored by Food Should Taste Good. For more information, visit www.foodshouldtastegood.com.
As always, all opinions are my own.