Chicken Fajitas are one of my go-to weekday meals. They’re easy to make, especially when done in the oven all on one sheet pan. It’s super convenient and makes wrangling up the kids to the table a little less hectic!
And when a meal is this easy, it makes getting my toddler (almost kindergartner!!) involved a little easier. He helps arrange the veggies on the pan while I chop up Just BARE’s Natural Chicken Tenderloins and get ready to season with my pre-made fajita seasoning!
He may be my picky eater, but he sure loves helping me cook anything and everything in the kitchen, and I’ll take all the help I can get.
I love using chicken tenderloins for recipes like fajitas because 1) they’re much quicker to prepare and 2) they’re much more tender than using a chicken breast, making it more enjoyable to eat when doing fajitas!
Just BARE Chicken is my go-to chicken brand as of late. I love how they support family farms, and you can trace your individual package of chicken back to the county it was raised in. It’s awesome to have the opportunity to learn more about the family farms and who makes our food.
Our package came from Michael G. in Morrison County, MN. He’s been raising chickens at his farm since 2003 with his father and brother. It’s reassuring not just being told that a product is sourced from family farms, but to have the ability to check for yourself is really a nice touch.
So back to these Chicken Fajitas. My seasoning is like my spicy chicken fajitas seasoning, but I’ve toned it down to be a little more “kid friendly.”
Although chicken fajitas aren’t high on my kid’s things he’s willing to just jump into and eat on his own, it’s important to me that he sees the process and how it’s cooked, and at least tries it. I always have a backup meal on hand.
I’ve found this process is starting to work. Tonight, he tried the fajitas. Loved the chicken, but the veggies not so much. It’s a start, right?!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 14 oz Just BARE Chicken Tenderloins or 1 package
- 1/2 whole red onion sliced
- 1 whole yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 whole red bell pepper sliced
- 1 whole green bell pepper sliced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp golden brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 8 medium corn tortillas
- 1 can refried beans
- 6 oz shreedded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. While the oven is preheating, chop vegetables and set aside. In a small bowl combine chili powder, corn starch, salt, brown sugar, cumin, black pepper, garlic powder, oregano, onion powder and paprika, set aside.
- Take a sheet pan and assort vegetables evenly. Slice Just BARE Chicken Tenderloins into ¼ inch strips across the grain. Assort evenly on the pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on fajita seasoning, giving a quick stir to make sure everything is coated.
- Spread evenly across the pan and place in the oven, cooking for about 12-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Serve with tortillas, beans and cheese, and enjoy!