This sauteed chicken and mushroom recipe has been on my list of my favorite recipes to post since I started this blog, I don’t know what took me so long to share it but I’m finally doing it! This such an easy recipe to make, has so many great flavors, and is so comforting on a cold day! And the Asparagus? I’m a sucker for well cooked asparagus, and this red pepper and garlic broiled asparagus is no exception!
I sauté a butterflied chicken breast in a pan of olive oil and butter, and with all the delicious browned bits left in the pan, add some white wine, and mushrooms and reduce it. It makes an amazing topping for the chicken. It goes really fast once served, which is a good thing when you have a busy night ahead like we are starting to this holiday season!
Speaking of on the go, this was probably the most hectic recipe I’ve done for the blog! Like a lot of families, I’m sure, my wife picked up a seasonal job to help us get through the holidays a little less stressful. I wanted to get dinner ready so she could at least have a nice meal to take with her to eat on her break, because as I get home she has to leave.
So the challenge started. I get home an hour before she needs to leave, my son is still sleeping so it was just for two tonight, so I needed everything cooked. Asparagus? 10 minutes. Sauteed Chicken and Mushrooms? 15 Minutes.
Taking pictures for the blog?? A lot longer than it needed to.. we had to start eating.. ????????????
But it’s just too hard not to eat this while it’s fresh out of the kitchen! The crunch and hint of heat from the red pepper asparagus and savoriness from the sauteed chicken and mushrooms is just a really nice combo. Add some mashed potatoes and you’ve got a really nice meal to serve the family.
Nobody likes soggy asparagus
Make sure when you broil the asparagus, not to overcook, it’s nice to leave some crunch left int he asparagus, so It’s better to cook under than over.
On To The Recipe
Sautéed Chicken and Mushroom with Broiled Asparagus
Sauteed Chicken and Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 whole chicken breast
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 8 oz mushroom portabella is a good choice
Red Pepper and Garlic Asparugus
- 8 oz asparagus
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Rinse and Cut the base of the stems from your asparagus, about 1-2 inches.
- Spread on a cooking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, red papper flakes and sliced garlic cloves, Preheat the broil and set aside.
Sauteed Chicken and Mushroom
- Take one boneless, skinless, chicken breast and butterfly it by slicing down the center of the breast. Season with salt pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- In a pan on medium heat, heat olive oil and butter, when the butter is melted, place the chicken in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes on one side, refrain from moving.
- flip the chicken and cook for another 3-5 minutes until the center temp is 165F. Set aside in a warm place. Another pan on very low heat works.
- Take 1/2 cup of white wine and pour in the pan and scrape all the brown bits from the pan.
- Add 1/4 cup of water with 1 tbsp of corn starch mixed in, into the pan to thicken up the sauce.
- Place the asparagus in the broiler, then mushrooms into the pan of sauce, and cook down for about 3-5 minutes. Take the asparagus out when the sauce is ready.
- Place chicken on top of the asparagus and pour the sauteed mushrooms and gravy over chicken and enjoy!!