This post has been sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. All opinions are my own.
Well we’re on that last leg of January. How’s everybody doing on their “New Year, New Me” kick? Good? … Good right?! Well I”m doing the paleo/keto(ish) thing this year and today’s recipe falls into my program. An easy, roasted butternut squash brussel sprout salad, with Sprouts Rosemary Balsamic Dressing.
If you haven’t done brussel sprout salad, this is your time my friend.
First you start off by roasting cubed butter nut squash with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Keep it simple so that the dressing has its chance to shine. With the combination of the rosemary vinaigrette, pomegranate, and feta cheese, there’s enough going on in this salad to make your tongue dance.
When I was at my local Sprouts Farmers Market, picking up all my ingredients for this dish, I went down the aisle and found their own line of salad dressings. I figured, “Hey, I’m doing all the prep work for this salad, why make one extra step for myself by making my own dressing?”. I threw the Sprouts Rosemary Balsamic vinaigrette in my cart and knew the flavor profile would be a perfect match for this dish.
You have savory from the brussel sprouts, and butternut squash, then you get a little sweet and tangy from the pomegranate and feta cheese. Then you get hit on the end with a little rosemary and balsamic to make you take that fork and start hunting for that next bite.
Look at me, talking like a foodie. Well, that’s how dang good this salad is!!
The next time you visit Sprouts Farmers Market pick up some of this dressing, along with the rest of these ingredients, and make your next salad, one worth dieting for!
Rosemary Balsamic Butternut Squash and Brussel Sprout Salad
- 1 whole butternut squash
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp Sprouts Rosemary Balsamic Dressing more to taste
- 1/2 cup pomegranate
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F Peel the butternut squash, cut in half and de-seed. Cut into ¾ inch cubes. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with salt and pepper. Place on a sheet pan in the center rack of the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Chop the base from each brussel sprout making it easier to peel each leaf off placing into a bowl. Toss with Sprouts Rosemary Balsamic Dressing.
- Add Feta cheese, Pomegranate, and top with butternut squash. Drizzle a little more Rosemary Balsamic Dressing if desired. Enjoy!