Thanks to Ralph’s for helping sponsor this post!
I’m in a sweet meats savory mood today, and roasted pumpkin spice hummus is exactly what I’m feeling right now. It’s got just a hint of that pumpkin spice flavor your craving this fall, but loaded with other flavors of a solid hummus, making this a great snack to bring to your fall gatherings!
I was at my local Ralph’s grocery store the other day and was totally feeling in the pumpkin mood after seeing everything they had! My son is totally stocked for Halloween and HAS to browse through the pumpkin section every time we go. His favorite ones are the heirloom pumpkins with the warts.
So i grabbed a couple sweet pie pumpkins along with a couple others that my son wouldn’t let me leave without, and put together a brilliant pumpkin spice hummus that is totally out of this world!
I roasted the pumpkin to make my own homemade puree, just to give it that extra touch of love. The roasting also gives it a little extra flavor rather than using straight out of the can. But don’t feel the pressure, do you boo!
With the roasted pumpkin ready, I blended it with some garbanzo beans, oil, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, and salt. Then added a little touch of pumpkin spice to give it that extra oomph!
It’s an instant hit especially if you have pumpkin spice fiends in the house like I do..
Speaking of pumpkin spice, stay tuned for another special pumpkin spice post next week!
Roasted Pumpkin Spice Hummus
- 1 whole sugar pumpkin or 1 can pumpkin puree
- 8 oz garbanzo beans
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice a little more to taste
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- For the Pumpkin puree: Preheat oven to 325F. Cut pumpkin into fourths and scrap out the seed. Cook for 45 minutes. Let it cool for about 10 minutes, peel off the skin.
- Add pumpkin, garbanzo beans, oil, vinegar, salt, cumin, tahini and pumpkin spice into a blender. Blend until smooth. Store in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes until cool.
- When ready to serve, drizzle a little more olive oil and pumpkin spice on top. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and serve along with pita chips. Enjoy!!