I’ve been wanting to find something different to snack on during the day. Recently I’ve been turned on to roasted chickpeas, and they’re addictingly good! I’ve also found how easy they are to make yourself!
Roasted Chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) have this crunch to them that makes them hard not to keep grabbing one after another. They’re light and airy and have a crunch similar to corn nuts. I seasoned them with my Chili seasoning, and they’re very,very tasty!
The key to getting roasted chickpeas crispy, is getting as much moisture out of them as possible. Then making sure they have a liberal amount of olive oil coating them. After cooking my first batch for about 30 minutes, they weren’t as crispy as I liked them, but I found a quick trick, by microwaving the for about 5 minutes after that they were perfect.
The second batch came out perfect and it was due to taking a little more time drying off the chickpeas than I had done with the last.
The chili seasoning on these roasted chickpeas almost remind me of Chili Cheese Fritos, where are my absolute favorite junk food. If you don’t intervene, I’ll eat a whole bag of those tasty corn chips in one sitting. This is definitely a safer alternative for me!
Roasted chickpeas are cheap snack that’s easy to make, and guilt-free. It’s a win-win situation here folks! Get to making this recipe ASAP!
Roasted Chickpeas With Chili Seasoning
- 2 15 oz canned garbanzo beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Chili Seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 425F. Drain your chickpeas and wipe down with a towel.
- Place chickpeas on a baking sheet and give them one more wipe down with a towel, drying them as much as possible.
- Drizzle olive oil over chickpeas and roll them around by hand to make sure they're evenly coated; place in the oven. Cook about 30 minutes until they are at the texture to your liking. I like them extra crispy so I keep them in a little longer
- While the chickpeas are roasting, combine all the chili seasoning ingredients.
- When the chickpeas are done, place in a mixing bowl and toss with the chili seasoning adding 1 tbsp at a time until its seasoned to your liking. Let cool and enjoy!