Grilled Chicken Caprese Pasta with a basil pesto and quick balsamic vinaigrette glazed chicken breast makes a quick dinner that can be done in 30 minutes.
I’m all about weeknight dinners like this!
My favorite part about this recipe is that you can either make everything from scratch, or use off the shelf products to get this done quick and easy.
And that’s what I did for this dinner. Off the shelf pesto and balsamic vinaigrette dressing to marinate the chicken quickly.
If you want to add a little more depth to this chicken caprese pasta, I highly recommend grilling up your cherry tomatoes. I love the flavor of cherry tomatoes when they’ve been grilled.
And if you’re not a fan of basil pesto, try a sun dried tomato pesto, to change the flavor up, but still have the essence of this recipe in tact.
Grilled Chicken Caprese Pasta
- 16 oz rigatoni pasta or your favorite pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 12 oz fresh mozzarella pearls
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp basil pesto
- 1/4 cup fresh basil sliced
- 10 oz balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a bag with balsamic dressing in a zip top bag and place in a refrigerator for as little as 15 minutes up to overnight.
- When ready to grill chicken, preheat grill to high heat and place chicken on the grill. Season a little salt and pepper, and grill until internal temperature is 165 F. Take off the grill and let rest for 2-3 minutes, then slice into 1/2 inch strips. Optionally, you can grill cherry tomatoes at this time as well.
- For the pasta, bring water to a rolling boil and cook pasta until al dente; about 12 minutes.
- Strain pasta, and place in pan. Stir in basil pesto. Top with fresh mozzarella pearls, cherry tomatoes, fresh sliced basil and chicken. Enjoy!