It’s my wife’s favorite time of year. Pumpkin Spice season! We’ve been loading up on all things pumpkin spice around the house, so it was only fitted that I made the family an awesome breakfast sandwich with my favorite way to do them. French toast bagel.
I was so excited to see that Dave’s Killer Bread has a Pumpkin Spice Madness bagel, that is absolutely delicious. We have already gone through 4 bags of these bagels since we’ve found them at the grocery store!
Dave’s Killer Bread Organic Pumpkin Spice Madness bagels are sweet and soft without using anything artificial. They’re also packed with tons of powerful nutrition to get you through the fall, but the most important thing here, is how amazing they taste!
You get that wonderful pumpkin spice flavor, which makes them perfect to eat on their own, or toasted with some cream cheese. But for today, I’m going all out and French toasting them, topping them with a fried egg, then bacon to make them a killer breakfast sandwich!
The best part about this recipe is you really don’t need to get too fancy with your French toast mix, since there is tons of flavor in the Dave Killer Bread Pumpkin Spice Madness bagel. I just did a simple egg, milk and a touch of vanilla.
To help keep everything warm while you’re cooking up your ingredients, I suggest keeping your oven on at the lowest temp, then place your French toasted bagels and bacon on a cooking rack. This will keep everything nice and warm until its ready to serve!
Also, these are big, 1 half of this bagel sandwich is plenty for one person, unless you’re like me a have a killer appetite!
Pumpkin Spice French Toast Bagel Sandwich
FOR THE SANDWICHES
- 3 whole Dave's Killer Bread Pumpkin Spice Madness Bagels
- 4 strips bacon
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese
FOR THE FRENCH TOAST MIX
- 1 cup milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To start, begin cooking your bacon, while the bacon is cooking, whisk together milk, 2 eggs and vanilla extract. Set aside
- To cook the French toast bagels, soak each half bagel in the French toast mix, then cook in a oiled pan over medium heat, flipping after 2 minutes. As each half finished cooking place on a cooking rack along with bacon, and place in the oven at 175F to keep warm
- Fry eggs one at a time, flipping once the egg white turns opaque and begins to bubble, top with cheese and continue cooking until cheese melts.
- Top one half of the French toasted bagel with two eggs, bacon, then the other half of the bagel. Cut in half and serve. Enjoy!