I’ve been looking for a different way to grill up some chicken this week. So I whipped up a Pineapple citrus marinade, that definitely brings a mouthful of flavor that is going to become a favorite for grilling up this summer!
If you’re a frequenter of the blog, it should be no surprise that this time of the year I enjoy grilling! It keeps the heat out of the house and It’s super easy to cook a lot of food. Which makes it really easy for me to get my lunches ready for the week.
If you’re trying to save a few bucks during the week, this is a great way to do it too. Schedule this recipe during sales at the store, and this can EASILY feed a person for lunch every day for a week under $20 bucks!
Thankfully, I’m not one that gets too bored of eating the same type of protein, it just needs to be flavored differently week to week. That’s why this Pineapple citrus marinade does the trick for me this week!
It’s got a hint of a Hawaiian vibe to it, with the sweet pineapple juice flavor, but the you get hit with a little savory and spice from the peppers and smokiness from the grill.
Everything marries together and its a very versatile marinade recipe. It will go great on its own, or as chicken tacos, or even a chicken rice bowl.
Pineapple Citrus Marinade for Chicken
- 1 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lime juices
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 whole cayenne pepper optional for more heat
- 1 whole diced jalapeno
- 8 pieces bone in, skin-on chicken can be breasts, legs, thighs, whatever you like
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, lemon, lime juices; add vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, cayenne and jalapeno peppers.
- Place chicken in the bowl and place in the refrigerator. Let stand for 24 hours.
- When ready to grill, heat your grill to around 300 degrees, and cook for about 10-15 minutes, until 165 F internal temperature. Times will vary depending on the type of chicken meat you are using. Enjoy!