Pepperoni Pizza Egg rolls are exactly what they sound like. Peperoni, mozzarella and some Italian seasonings wrapped in an egg roll, then fried.
It’s awesome for a game day, or even a fun dinner for family movie night!
Inspiration from this recipe came from our trip to Taste of Disney last month. I love going to food tastings because its always nice to come up for air in my insane world of content creation/parenting/dadding.
And I love to see what concoctions are being created in the culinary world.
Now I’m not saying that pepperoni pizza egg rolls are some revolutionary, but they are mighty taste and easy to make!
These tasty bites are made exactly like you’d make any other egg roll. Just take a bit of your filling. In my case its cheese and cubed pepperoni. Then I’ll add a little bit of Italian seasoning – my favorite to use are the Italian herb grinder you can pick up from the store.
These pepperoni pizza egg rolls are so crispy on the outside, warm and gooey on the inside. Serve with with a dollop of marinara sauce and pesto you get a flavor burst going on in your mouth.
And when the kids absolutely love them (I mean, how could they not), you know you’ve got a winner!
Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rols
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz pepperoni cubed
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3-4 cups cooking for frying
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 cup marinara
- 1 cup pesto sauce
- 1/2 water for sealing the egg rolls
- Preheat oil in a medium pan to 350F. While the oil is preheating prepare egg rolls by placing about an ounce of cheese and cubed pepperoni in the center of your egg roll.
- Similar to folding a burrito, fold in the left and right sides towards the center of your roll, then roll into a tube. You may need to wet your finger, and wipe some water on the seam to seal your egg roll. Repeat this process until all egg rolls are made.
- Add 1-2 egg rolls into oil and cook for until golden brown. about 3-5 minutes. If the oil does not completely cover your egg roll, you can flip half way though. Let drain on a wire rack over a paper towel
- Serve with a little parmesan cheese on top, along with some marinara and pesto to dip. Enjoy!