This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
Now that back to school is in full swing, I’m super excited to get easy dinners on the table. One pan recipes are a great way to keep things simple when cooking, and my One Pan Mac and Cheese with broccoli recipe is something you’re going to want to put on your list of school night dinners to make!
With the help of Horizon Organic, I’m keeping this dinner easy, delicious, and most importantly healthy. With our family trying to get in the new routine of a preschooler, and a newborn in the house, being able to create a simple, easy to make meal, that is delicious and healthy is important!
Horizon Organic has a great assortment of products, from their organic milk, to a variety of snacks made with organic product, keeping the weird ingredients out and GMO free.
Its funny, there’s a few things I can get my son to easy willingly when it comes to healthy and its broccoli. So by adding broccoli into mac and cheese which is every kids favorite, it makes it a fun meal to eat for the whole family.
If you’re children are picky, this is a great way to sneak in some greens to (just chop them up a little smaller!)
Also be sure to check out the video I put together for this one pan mac and cheese with broccoli recipe! I’m hoping to get more consistent with videos, and sharing more videos, so definitely let me know what you think!!
One Pan Mac and Cheese with Broccoli
- 2 cups elbow macaroni pasta
- 3 cups milk 1 cup separate
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups cheese
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- In a pan over medium heat bring elbow macaroni, 2 cups milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to a boil, stirring occasionally; about 7-10 minutes until almost all of the milk is gone
- Stir in cheese and another cup of milk, bringing to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower to a simmer after 5 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and let simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool and serve. Enjoy!