This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods.
If avocado cashew ice cream sounds a bit on the odd side, don’t feel alone. I totally thought this was going to be a bomb when I first had the idea to try using avocado in ice cream. But let me tell you, this stuff is addictingly good! Plus it’s kinda sorta healthy!
Using some fresh avocados, Pacific Foods Cashew milk, a little honey, orange zest and raw cashews, this makes for quite the late night treat that you really don’t need to feel guilty about! It’s loaded with good fats and If you’re on a dairy free diet (like I am at the moment), this is a huge win!
This takes minutes to prep. Add everything in a blender, and blend until it gets velvety smooth. Pour it into a bread pan, and let it freeze overnight and you’ve got your self dessert for the week!
The cashew flavor compliments the avocado almost like a less sweet pistachio ice cream. If you’re looking to get a little creative, and diet restrictions aren’t a deal breaker, add some heavy whipping cream into your mix to get bring that already creamy texture from the fatty avocado!
No Churn Avocado Cashew Ice Cream
- 3 large avocados
- 1 1/2 cup Pacific Foods Cashew Milk - Unsweetened Vanilla
- 1/2 cup crushed raw cashews
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream OPTIONAL
- In a blender, add avocados, Pacific Foods Cashew Milk, vanilla extract, honey, and orange zest. Blend until smooth. If it starts to seize up, just add more cashew milk.
- Pour into a bread pan, and place in the freezer overnight. If the ice cream seems to hard you may need to let it sit out for about 30 minutes to soften up. Enjoy!