Having a taco with a chicken filet instead of a shell is probably blasphemy in some groups, but Naked Chicken Tacos, are actually pretty darn good! Turning the monotony of a pre-cooked diet meal into something you wouldn’t even know is good for you!
I’m all about wrapped up with my Personal Trainer Food this year, and I’ve lost a good amount of weight – I’m not even sure how much because I haven’t checked, but the photos I’ve been taking (I’ll share next week) definitely show a difference!
Towards the end of the month, I’ve got to admit it’s been tough staying with it. What’s really helped me is getting creative with my meals. Their spicy chicken filets are amazing, and a great candidate for turning them into something special.
Whether you’re eating this Naked Chicken Taco open-faced, with a fork and a knife, or folding it up and eating, its delicious either way. And don’t skimp on the spicy cilantro crema. It’s a little concoction I came up with based off of my favorite Peruvian restaurant, that is super addicting!
I quick blend of lettuce, mayo, lime juice, serrano pepper, garlic, shallots and cumin. Takes 5 minutes to put together and you can keep it in the fridge and pour over all your favorite Personal Trainer food entrees! Screw it – over EVERYTHING
You are more than welcome to use any thin pre-cooked chicken patty you want – but if you’re on the Personal Trainer Food RECON program like me, this is definitely something I recommend trying out! Super quick to prep and easy to take with you!
Thanks to Personal Trainer Food for supplying the food for this recipe and my weight loss journey! All opinions are my own!
Naked Chicken Taco with Spicy Cilantro Crema
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce
- 1 whole serrano pepper
- 1/2 whole shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp mayonaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 patty Personal Trainer Food Spicy Chicken Patty
- 1/4 cup tomato
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce remaining from the lettuce in the cilantro crema
- Add 1/2 of your romaine lettuce from the butt end up, serrano pepper, shallots, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, mayo, lemon juice and water; pulse for about 30 seconds until creamy and smooth.
- Heat up your chicken. Optionally you can cook it in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes to get it crispy.
- Top your chicken, with lettuce, chopped tomato, and cilantro crema. Fold like a taco and enjoy!!