Thanks to Cooked Perfect for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions on this post are my own!
The big game is just around the corner and you’re looking for something to make. Meatball Marinara sandwiches sound good? “But, Derek they’re going to be impossible to eat while watching the game” you say?
Well I’ve got the perfect recipe for you! Meatball Marinara Bombs!
These bad boys are easy to make with a few store bought items. But don’t skimp on the quality of the products. For the meatballs I went with Cooked Perfect Meatballs from the freezer aisle. Using select meats and flame-broiled to sear in the flavor, Cooked Perfect Meatballs standout when you take a bite into these Meatball Marinara Bombs..
These Meatball Bombs are great appetizers for The Big Game, served with some marinara dipping sauce on the side to keep everyone huddled around, dipping and devouring these bad boys. If you can get them to the table that is, I had a hard time getting through this photo shoot without eating them myself.
Putting these together aren’t too hard either. Take some pre-made pizza dough rolled thin, and cut it into 3 inch cubes. Add a spoonful of marinara, mozzarella cheese, and a meatball. Take each corner and fold it in and give it a little twist to keep it sealed.
I also buttered the tops and added some garlic bread seasoning to give it a little kick. It makes the house smell AMAZING while its in the oven cooking as well! Make sure to place them twisted side down, to prevent them from opening up while baking. You’ll get a nice little cheese crust on one side of the Meatball Marinara Bomb, which is always a plus!
These bite-sized meatball marinara bombs aren’t just great for game day, they’ll also make a fun family movie night meal too! I’m definitely going to be adding this recipe to my arsenal of “Bribe our child to do something” meals.
I can see it now… “Brayden, will you clean your room? What about if I make some Meatball Marinara Bombs? Still no?”
Fine.. More for me!
Also, with The Big Game around the corner, you’re going to want to check out the sweepstakes Cooked Perfect is having. Flat-screen “Smart” TV, Deluxe Recliner and Coffee Table (awarded in gift cards), along with some Cooked Perfect swag? Just let me know who wins this giveaway, so I know who’s house to crash!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Internet access and a valid e-mail address are required to participate. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C., who are 18 years of age (19 in AL and NE; 21 in MS) or older. Promotion starts on 1/3/17 at Noon ET and ends on 2/6/17 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. To enter, visit www.CookedPerfect.com/Gameday (the “Website”) and follow the instructions. 5 WEEKLY PRIZES (1 each week): Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $63 each. 1 GRAND PRIZE: ARV: $2,080. TOTAL ARV: $2,395. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited. For Official Rules, drawing schedule and prize details, visit our Website. Sponsor: Home Market Foods Inc., 140 Morgan Drive, Norwood, MA 02062.
Meatball Marinara Bombs
- 11 oz pizza dough
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 16 whole Cooked Perfect Italian Meatballs Other varieties can be used
- Pre heat oven to 375F. Roll out your pizza dough so that its thin, about 1/4 inch. then cut into 3-4" squares
- To make the bombs, take one square of pizza dough, add a spoonful of sauce in the middle, followed buy a small handful of cheese and one meatball.
- Fold the corners of the pizza dough over the meatball, then give it a little twist on top. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, twist side down. Repeat this process until have filled the baking sheet (you should get about 16 bombs)
- Optional: Brush some melted butter on top of each bomb, and sprinkle some garlic seasoning over the bombs.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until the dough is golden brown. Serve with a bowl of marinara sauce and enjoy!