Have you heard the tale of Lampy the leprechaun, and how if you feed him lucky charm treats, he’ll leave you something before he goes back on his rainbow after the 7th day of his visit? Also known as the Seven Lucky Days?
Gather close my friends ant let me tell you the tale of Sir Lampwick the Leprechaun.
Lampy the Leprechaun, a mischievous sprite, Visits each year for a St. Patrick’s Day delight. He’ll dance and play, spreading joy all around, Until the day’s end, when he must leave town.
So cherish the moments, while Lampy’s here, And he’ll return again, the following year.
Gather close, dear friends, and let me share with you the enchanting tale of Sir Lampwick, known to many as Lampy the Leprechaun. A cousin of Buddy the Elf, Lampy brings joy and wonder to children everywhere during the days leading up to St. Patrick’s Day.
Each year, Lampy visits homes on a mission to spread happiness and Irish luck. For seven days, he watches over families, rewarding well-behaved children with delightful treats and surprises. As the legend goes, Lampy loves Lucky Charms almost as much as gold itself!
Similar to his distant cousin Buddy the elf (Brayden’s elf that comes each December), Lampy arrives 7 days before St. Patricks day on a rainbow in search for a pot of gold. And for 7 lucky days he watches over the house and monitors the children. If he see’s that they’re behaving he brings a treat.
If he see’s children misbehaving? Well you’ve brought the wrath of the Irish Temper upon the house and all hell is unleashed… no that doesn’t happen. I haven’t gotten that far into developing story of Lampy ok?
But I’ll tell you one thing. Lampy loves Lucky Charms almost as much as he loves gold! How do I know this? Brayden told me.
Yeah.. he’s way into this!
So I brought home a box and some marshmallows, along with some green food coloring and gold sprinkles and told Brayden, that we should make some Lucky Charms Mashmallow treats for Lampy.
He was beyond excited, because that meant he got to whip out his kitchen utensils he got from Christmas and do some cooking with dad. We put everything together and sprinkled them up.
The Story of Lampy The Leprechaun
The story of Lampy The Leprechaun begins on the mystical Leprechaun Island, nestled in the heart of the Emerald Sea, Lampy is one of the most playful and spirited among his fellow leprechauns.
On Leprechaun Island, Lampy is known for his ability to spread laughter and joy, orchestrating harmless pranks and entertaining his fellow leprechauns with his quick wit and lively spirit.
His energy is contagious, and he’s always the life of the party at Leprechaun Island gatherings.
During his annual visit, Lampy stays for Seven Lucky Days, watching over the children and their home.
While the kids are fast asleep, he becomes more active. He may be hopping from place to place in the home. Maybe hanging on on his rainbow, or getting into trouble..
However, if the children have misbehaved during his visit, Lampy’s mischievous side emerges, and he sets about creating a bit of harmless chaos around the house.
He may rearrange the furniture, switch the contents of the kitchen cupboards, or even draw funny faces on the family portraits.
These pranks are never malicious or harmful, but they serve as a reminder for the children to be on their best behavior during Lampy’s visit.
Besides his penchant for mischief, Lampy is also a protector of the home.
As the children sleep, he keeps a watchful eye on the household, using his leprechaun magic to ward off bad luck and misfortune. His presence brings a sense of safety and comfort to the family, knowing that Lampy is always there to ensure their well-being.
If the children have behaved well throughout his stay, he leaves a special treat or surprise for them on his departure day.
This might be a note of encouragement, a handmade trinket, or even a clue to the location of a hidden treasure.
But most importantly he’ll leave an Irish Blessing for the family until his return next year.
We left a couple on the mantle for Lampy to see what he would think of them. I’m not sure what exactly is going to come of this, but I’ll tell you something. Brayden gets so excited to see what Lampy the Leprechaun is up to every morning.
And he can’t wait to see what green surprise Lampy will leave him when he rides his rainbow back to Leprechaun Island (that’s a thing right?) on St. Patricks Day.
Lampy the Leprechaun’s Seven Lucky Days Guide
- Arrival Day: Lampy the Leprechaun arrives on a rainbow, bringing excitement and anticipation to children everywhere. Families can create a welcoming atmosphere by setting up a small area with green decorations and a pot for Lampy’s gold.
- Lucky Charm Treats Day: To show appreciation for Lampy’s visit, children can help make special Lucky Charms Marshmallow treats for him. Don’t forget to add green food coloring and gold sprinkles for an extra touch of magic!
- Leprechaun Treasure Hunt Day: As a fun activity, Lampy hides small treasures (like gold coins or shamrock stickers) around the house for children to find. The excitement of discovering these hidden surprises is sure to bring joy to every child’s heart.
- Leprechaun Craft Day: Encourage creativity by setting up a crafting station where children can make their own leprechaun-inspired artwork or decorations. This could include making a leprechaun hat, drawing rainbows, or creating shamrock-shaped crafts.
- Leprechaun Story Time Day: Gather around as a family and share stories of leprechauns, rainbows, and pots of gold. You can even make up your own tale featuring Lampy and his adventures on Leprechaun Island.
- Leprechaun Dance Party Day: Fill the room with lively Irish music and have a dance party to celebrate Lampy’s visit. You can teach your children some simple Irish dance steps or just let them move to the beat in their own way.
- Farewell to Lampy Day: On St. Patrick’s Day, Lampy leaves a final green surprise for the children before riding his rainbow back to Leprechaun Island. Gather as a family to read the Irish blessing Lampy has left behind, reflecting on the joy and love he brought during his visit. This day is a chance to say goodbye to Lampy and express gratitude for the memories created during his Seven Lucky Days.
As Lampy’s time with you draws near its end, A heartfelt Irish blessing, to you he’ll send: “May rainbows light your every path, And laughter chase away life’s wrath.
May love and warmth fill up your home, No matter where your feet may roam. And when next year’s March days come ’round, May joy in your hearts again be found.”
With this blessing, Lampy bids farewell, His love and luck in your hearts to dwell. So until next year, when he returns anew, Keep the spirit of Lampy alive in all you do.
As the legend of Lampy the Leprechaun continues to grow, families everywhere can create their own magical traditions inspired by his Seven Lucky Days.
By welcoming Lampy into your home, you can experience the joy and wonder of Irish folklore, creating lasting memories that will be cherished for years to come.
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
- 4 tbsp butter
- 5 1/4 cup small marshmallows
- 1 box lucky charms cereal 1 cup set aside.
- 1 tsp green food coloring
- 1 tsp gold and green sprinkles
- Melt butter in a large pan or pot over low-medium heat. Add in marshmallows and stir until melted. Stir in food coloring. Take off heat.
- Stir in cereal, until evenly coated by marshmallows. Pour into greased 10×10 baking dish. top with any charms marshmallows from the remaining cup. Sprinkle with gold and green sprinkles. Let stand for about 30 minutes before serving.