Lobster. Gnocchi. Mac and cheese. This is a great way to change up mac and cheese. Or.. lobster.. or gnocchi.. whatever lets get to the recipe!
This lobster mac and cheese recipe, is cheesy, comforting and has tons of flavor.
And its a very adult mac and cheese recipe, but don’t let that fool you. I actually got Brayden to eat this for dinner, SHOCKING!
For the lobster I recommend using cooked meat, which should reduce any additional moisture in this dish. I used cooked langostino meat, which makes prep easier, since there is no cracking of lobster shells.
More importantly, its consistently sized so you don’t have thin claw meat which could get dried out while baking.
1 batch will serve 4 if you have sides. I actually double this recipe, and instead of using gnocchi in the second batch, I used regular macaroni and split the cheese sauce into two parts.
JUST in case the kids didn’t like the lobster gnocchi mac and cheese hat I had traditional mac and cheese as a back up if the kids didn’t like it.
But this is also a great way to get two separate mac and cheese meals prepped. Throw the second half into the freezer and reheat down the road!
Lobster Gnocchi Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 3/4 lb cooked lobster meat Langostinos work too
- 4 oz fontina cheese
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 1 oz fresh parmesan
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup ritz crackers crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot, cook gnocchi according to package instructions. strain and set aside.
- While gnocchi is boil, grate cheese, and mince garlic.. Then in a skillet over medium low heat, melt butter over medium heat and whisk in flour and garlic.
- Whisk in milk, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until the mixture begins to thicken up. Stir in fontina and cheddar cheese until melted
- Stir in gnocchi, lobster meat, and top with Parmesan cheese and crumbled crackers. Bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve. Enjoy!