Lasagna Roll Ups are a fun way to change up lasagna night. And if you’re a corner of the dish fan, think of every roll as a corner of the dish!
The ends of the lasagna pasta will crisp up nicely, and you have something a little different o put on the table for dinner.
For the filling, I went with a cottage cheese filling over ricotta, since my family is team cottage cheese.
If you’re team ricotta, you can swap out the cheese, or check out my lasagna shells recipe for a ricotta cheese filling you’ll love!
And if you’re into fresh basil, you’ll want to ad some to these lasagna roll ups to give it that extra pop!
Lasagna Roll Ups
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 9 strips lasagna pasta
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 16 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 F and bring water to a bowl in a large pot. Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a pan over medium heat and drain. Add in garlic onion, and season with salt to taste. Pour in 1 cup of marinara sauce and set to low.
- Once water is boiling add lasagna, and cook until al dente; about 10-12 minutes. Strain and let cool.
- While the pasta is cooling, stir together cottage cheese, mozzarella, egg, oregano and basil in a bowl until mixed together.
- Line the cooked lasagna noodles into strips, apply a thin layer of the sauce and meat mixture, then cottage cheese, then roll up. place into a 10×10 baking dish with about 1 inch of sauce in the bottom. Repeat until baking dish is full.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!