These street meat cheese fries is where its at! They’re loaded with everything you love from a Mexican style or “street meat” hot dog. Topped on mexican seasoned fries and sooo good!
If you’re native the Southern California, the term “Street Meat” is something you’re probably familiar with. In the LA area, street meat vendors are always something to find after a sporting event, or late night in the city.
If you’re not familiar with the term, These are hot dogs wrapped in bacon, topped with peppers and onions, and sometimes jalapeno, cilantro, and a little ketchup and mayo. They’re out of this world! Screw a coney dog. This is where its at!
Now think about that, but turned into cheese fries. Ultimate food truck food!
I tried to keep these street meat fries true to what I love about these style hot dogs. But, I had to add a little extra oomph to this by taking some leftover barbacoa rub that I made, and use it to dust the fries.
It added a ton of flavor and heat to this meal, and I cannot suggest it enough!
LA Street Meat Cheese Fries
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 16 oz frozen fries
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 jalapeno
FOR THE FRY SEASONING
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp chipotle seasoning or chili powder
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400. Slice onion and bell pepper, cut hot dogs into 1 inch pieces. co,bine all the fry seasoning in a cup and set aside.
- add fries on a baking sheet and cook for half the time listed on the packaging
- While fries in the oven, cook bacon in a large skillet; set aside on a paper towel.
- then cook hot dogs in the same pan undrained. Cook bell peppers onion and jalapeno in a separate pan with 2 tbsp olive oil. Cook until tender and turn off heat.
- When the fries are halfway done, remove from the oven, and season with spicy fry seasoning and cheese.
- When the hot dogs bacon, and peppers are done, place on top of fries along with more cheese and a little more fry seasoning. Bake in the for remaining time and serve.