I’ve been really getting into Moscow Mules this past few months. They’re crisp, refreshing and come in an awesome cup! Let’s be honest, we got some copper mugs on sale and bought them because they looked cool, and really wanted to see what a Moscow Mule was all about!
So naturally after getting a few mules under my belt I had to see what other variations, and how I could put my spin on it! Naturally, the heat fans that we are in this house I had to make a spicy cocktail with some jalapenos. So a Jalapeno Moscow Mule it is!
So I made a cucumber-jalapeno blended concoction, similar to something you’d see in a jalapeno margarita (if you haven’t had one, you need it in your life), with the addition of some freshly muddled mint, it adds a really nice balance to this drink so that you’re not overwhelmed by the heat!
I was sent a bottle of Prairie Organic Cucumber Vodka to try out, and thought this would be a recipe to use it in, and my only complaint is that it’s so smooth you almost don’t know its in the drink! This is definitely going to be used in a cucumber martini next, believe you me!
Before I knew it I was 3 deep with these bad boys feeling pretty good, since our son was finally to bed and we could enjoy our Friday evening. Honestly I probably should have stopped at 2, but they were really tasty and I couldn’t help my self. So now I’m writing this post with a bit of a headache!
Just a quick note, the cucumber-jalapeno concoction serving should span to about 4-6 drinks depending on amount you put in each drink, with 4oz ginger beer, 1.5oz vodka, so keep that in mind if you’re adjusting the serving size in the recipe card.
On To The Recipe
Jalapeno Cucumber Moscow Mules
- 4 oz ginger beer
- 1.5 oz cucumber flavored vodka
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 1/4 whole lime
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 small jalapeno
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- 2 oz ginger beer
- For the Cucumber Jalapeno Mix, cut the cucumbers into smaller chunks, along with jalapeno and about 2 oz of ginger beer
- Blend until you have small chunks, but not so small that it's mush.
- In a copper mug, place about 1/2 cup of ice along with a quarter of a lime with the juice squeezed. Muddle, or just roll a few mint leaves in your hand and place in the mug along with about 1 tbsp of the Cucumber Jalapeno Mix.
- Add 1 1/2 oz of cucumber vodka, along with 4 oz of ginger beer.
- Garnish with a sliced cucumber, jalapeno and a couple mint leaves. Enjoy!