These Jack O lantern tostadas are a really fun way to get the kids to get dinner down before a night out of trick or treating!
I topped these tostadas with beans, taco-seasoned ground beef and cheese cut out into fun jack-o-lantern shaped cheese.
So these are extremely fun to make. To make the jack-o-lantern cheese, I just triangles into slices of cheese.
For the mouths, I traced with a toothpick, then cut out with a knife. You can probably freehand it, but I don’t trust myself that much when it comes to the creative stuff!
When it comes to meals like this when there’s a lot of moving parts, I love using my food warmer. It relieves some of the stress of getting everything on the table warm.
All I have to do is place the cooked meat and beans in the trays. Let them sit for as long as I need as I fry up tostada shells and trace out the faces for the jack o lantern tostadas!
For the meat, You can either go store bought taco seasoning, or make it from scratch, but I have no qualms in using store bought.
This is a little crafty of a treat so cut the corners where needed!
Jack O Lantern Tostadas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 1 can refried beans
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce optional
- 6 tostada shells
- In a pan, brown ground beef over medium heat. Drain grease, then add taco seasoning. simmer for about 5 minutes with 3/4 cup of water. Turn off heat and cover.
- In a pot, heat up refried beans over low heat.
- For the Jack O Lantern faces, cut out triangles or circles for the nose and eyes. For the moutn trace the shape onto the cheese with a toothpick. Cut out with a knife.
- Assemble beans, meat and lettuce on tortilla shell. Let the kids pick out the shapes to assemble their own jack o lantern tostadas. Enjoy!